Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given this bike it is either a x6 or x8 What is the difference. it has a 49c
c automatic trans

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
Someone else on here might know more but it is a 4-stroke 49cc. I believe they were almost exactly the same

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well cleaned the carb and it started right up. Just need to get an air filter and a master cylinder for the left hand rear brake and some screws to put the plastic back on

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out that it is an X6 not X8 cylinder head is stamped 49cc it is 4 stroke automatic. Is there a manual on this engine I can download some where?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Good fixer upper. Remember, these bikes even with a brand name, parts will not be found by name, only by searching up the motor, or other direct part names and specs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What oil is recommended for the bottom end. and does any one know what the headlight bulb is?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Do you have the old headlight bulb you can read the number off of it? I'm not sure offhand, as far as the oil it should say it somewhere on the engine or the oil dipstick but it's either 10 W 30 or 15 w40, I can't remember, you could probably run either depending on winter or summer

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
It takes 10w 30 you need motorcycle oil that's designed for a wet clutch. If you go to the auto parts store you will see the oil it has a picture of a motorcycle on it and it will say on the side that it's designed for a wet clutch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am in Florida, winter doesn't exist down here!😱 As for the bulb, looks like I will have to remove the faring to get it out, why I asked. I would like to changed to led if available

·
Registered
742 Posts
Well there you go, 10w 30 for you year-round. And are you sure it's a wet clutch on those engines? I thought that was only on the manuals not the automatics. Either way motorcycle oil is what you should use regardless. Yeah you'll have to just pull the Fairing and check the light. I can't imagine very many people actually wrote that number down. LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Well there you go, 10w 30 for you year-round. And are you sure it's a wet clutch on those engines? I thought that was only on the manuals not the automatics. Either way motorcycle oil is what you should use regardless. Yeah you'll have to just pull the Fairing and check the light. I can't imagine very many people actually wrote that number down. LOL
They all do have a wet clutch the semi-automatic the clutch arm has linkage to the clutch basket you can actually hold the shift lever down with your foot and rev it when you let off it disengages the clutch and force it to do wheelies ( usually ends in catastrophic failure of the transmission ).

The single speed automatic has a centrifugal wet clutch.

But honestly the only difference of the oils is the zinc additive then the detergent for the clutch you can actually make motorcycle oil by adding 1 oz of ATF transmission fluid and a zinc additive in a pinch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All I can find is 10w40 motorcycle oil synthetic or conventional witch is best for this old bike?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok why would they put a carb with lever choke on a bike that you can't get to it with the plastic on?:unsure:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anybody have an old PZ19 carb with cable choke for parts? I hate to buy a new carb just to add cable

1 - 20 of 28 Posts