Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
So the ATV version, to add a cable correct? I might but it would need a total rebuild. I don't think new ones are too expensive. But the cables are separate. And I don't have a cable.

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
It's just a matter of figuring out what all the parts are you could run a bicycle cable down there and make the linkage yourself...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am just looking for the parts to convert my carb to cable. The cable I can get local. But shipping might kill it I can get a carb from amazon for 12 or 13 dollars

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
So you were looking for parts to convert your current carburetor to a cable choke? Do I have that correct? I only ask because I had a carburetor within an ATV or cable choke, and literally tried to put the old pit bike hand lever choke on and they don't swap very easily. So if you do not have a current cable choke I would seriously just buy a new carburetor. You are correct in about the $13 range I believe I paid

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Your are correct. From looking at my carb and picks on line it looks like an easy swap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Getting the parts ito swap isn't turning to be easy though, so I will most likely just get the new carb from Amazon.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts