Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the local dealership out here (Hawg Power sports) and looked at a new dirtbike for the kiddo. The SYX Is fun and all, but another deltoro clone broke, and I just don't feel like replacing it. I saw an RPS 4 stroke that I liked.

Months back, I remembered that they had one x15, and I wanted to know if he still had it. He had two actually. Both stuffed in the corner, covered in dust. He couldn't move them. People thought that they were normal sized bikes and would be disappointed. Lol
I mentioned wanting one for my kid, but didn't want to pay the price. He said he doesn't care about them, and they're not high priority, so I can have them for $700 each. So, I came home with 3 bikes. Lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, a little info on the x15.

1. "Our x15 comes tuned up with a high performance RED CDI Chip already installed during production. Knockoffs will come with a black coloured stock CDI chip."
Mine has a blue CDI. I couldn't tell you if it makes any kind of performance gain. It's dirt slow. Slower than the two stroke bikes. Makes a slightly higher top speed. Clocked it at 29 chasing my kid on my full sized motorcycle.

"Our x15 comes installed with a real 90cc 4 stroke engine. Other models that look similar to ours will come with a 57cc."

This, and the RPS both have engines that look the same. Exactly the same. The RPS says 60cc, but all the info I can find on the engines said 50cc. Also, the RPS would be on par with the x15 if it had a smaller sprocket. I shall assume they lied about 90cc

"The best part of the bike is the performance tune up on the exhaust. The exhaust has been moved and relocated under the bike! This gives the x15 a very sporty tuned bike look and sounds aggressive!"

They all come with this exhaust. The two stroke bikes have the exhaust up high

"The X15 90cc has a locking gas tank, speedometer and real LED headlights with highbeams."

The locking gas tank is cool, but useless. And they didn't stamp out the hole correctly. You really have to finagle it got get it back in the tank. The speedo is really a tachometer labeled as a speedo. All the guys at the shop said they got it to do 40. I clocked out at 29. That's probably about 4000 rpm, because this engine doesn't rev for crap.. I caught the speedo being a tach, because at idle and not moving, the speedo said it was doing 10mph. The headlights are useless. And only come on when the switch is on high beam

It's decent for kids. But, the subframe that holds the seat is made of plastic. One bike is fine. The other has a broken boss. If I can get one made of aluminum, I could actually get it extended so I can actually fit on the bike. Lol.

It's a cool bike, none the less. Since one works just fine, I'll leave that one as it's. So, the other one is about to get the works. Lol.

Needs a new cdi from what I can tell. Also, something that lets it rev higher. Looking for a big bore kit. It's a horizontal 50cc 4 stroke. The shock is the generic Walmart MTB shock. Looks like I can fit another DNM shock.

I can't wait to get started on it. I'll try and fit a proper tach. I'll see what I can fit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. It's definitely more my speed, being 4 stroke. I'm trying to find a decent cdi. Something programmable, or without a rev limiter. Trying to find a big bore kit, or something. A high performance cam and valve springs should be good enough also. Basically, I need this to be able to perform on the mini tracks. I do see why these aren't allowed in the mini gp races here in the states, though. Sucks, because I could make this really competitive.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
You will want to do a 125/160cc piranha swap if you're going to race it unfortunately and basically you're stuck in the same class with the fuel injected Groms as it's way to big to be in the miniGP class.
( Definitely check with the track rules and regulations before you modify anything you don't want to get stuck in modified class those modified Groms eat... )

So I know a little bit about those bikes that were imported by Venom Motorsports first thing is they have no rev limiter at all... Once you have gently broken the bike in I would say a nice easy 300 miles should do go directly to the carburetor once you get it off ( you will notice that the intake manifold is very restricted and tiny they did this to keep people from blowing the engines up ) if you have the carburetor that is riveted together just throw it away! You want the carburetor and manifold from a old Honda CT70 that particular carburetor has very good flow once you have rejected it it's going to let you rev the bike unlimited until it grenades.

Don't waste too much of your time and effort on the stock engine as once you get it apart you're going to find that all of the journals have been bored weird odd sizes and none of the performance parts are going to fit like I said earlier in the thread you're going to want to swap the engine with a Pitster or Piranha engine then you will have access to all the performance aftermarket.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will want to do a 125/160cc piranha swap if you're going to race it unfortunately and basically you're stuck in the same class with the fuel injected Groms as it's way to big to be in the miniGP class.
( Definitely check with the track rules and regulations before you modify anything you don't want to get stuck in modified class those modified Groms eat... )

So I know a little bit about those bikes that were imported by Venom Motorsports first thing is they have no rev limiter at all... Once you have gently broken the bike in I would say a nice easy 300 miles should do go directly to the carburetor once you get it off ( you will notice that the intake manifold is very restricted and tiny they did this to keep people from blowing the engines up ) if you have the carburetor that is riveted together just throw it away! You want the carburetor and manifold from a old Honda CT70 that particular carburetor has very good flow once you have rejected it it's going to let you rev the bike unlimited until it grenades.

Don't waste too much of your time and effort on the stock engine as once you get it apart you're going to find that all of the journals have been bored weird odd sizes and none of the performance parts are going to fit like I said earlier in the thread you're going to want to swap the engine with a Pitster or Piranha engine then you will have access to all the performance aftermarket.

Thanks! But note, not a single one of my bikes have ever had a normal break in. Everything has been broken in hard. No problems.

I was looking into a nibbi carb that could fit. A 125 swap would be too much for that bike. And be otherwise banned from anything I could enter in. These are for my kid anyway. It'll make a few trips to go-kart tracks, and the mini track nearby me. The SC mini gp org out here bans super pocket bikes, all Chinese bikes except kayos, and pocket bikes. They're nothing I can really expert it in. It's basically a practice bike for my kid.

It does seems really restricted, though. It need a proper tach on this thing. I'm only assuming rpm right now. I'l order a cheap Amazon one.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
yea for the kids once you swap the carby and intake manifold there will be plenty of power!!!

Swap that torch or whatever spark plug is in there now for an NGK.

Take the carby off and check sometimes there is a restrictor plate in between there if you have the ones that have the carburetor that you can take the float bowl off IE not riveted on you might get away with running it for a while by just rejetting it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of these have ngk plugs. I guess the guys at the shop swapped them out. And I'll look into the carb. Both these have air boxes. I'll leave the air box on the dirt bike, and put a pod filter on the sport bikes.

I'll try and pull the carb later.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Read all the info on this forum about porting. Thats all you need to do and stay in the rules for racing. Even the CARB. Trust me, I have raced in stock for a while.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Read all the info on this forum about porting. Thats all you need to do and stay in the rules for racing. Even the CARB. Trust me, I have raced in stock for a while.
Definitely get all the rules and follow them to the T there's nothing worse than having a win taken from you because of one small overlooked oversight even the small things like making sure you have stuff safety wire that is supposed to be safety wired and all of that...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trust me, I know. I'm trying to get into racing my motorcycles. Building my track bike as close to spec as I can, at the moment. Unfortunately, I'm still in novice class with STT and N2. Hopefully, I'll get the bump to intermediate this year. That'll open me up to the ability to get my race license. As for the bike, I'll have to see what organization will allow that bike to race. I'm not racing it, but if my kid wants to, I'll enter him in some, after I get his suit, and the rest of his gear.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had some time to work on the x15. Pulled the carb off. It’s riveted, as expected. Thankfully, I ordered a new one last night. Should be here tonight. After some research, I found out it’s a zongshen engine. Their larger displacement engines are good, but this little one, I’m not so sure about. Let’s see if this carby wakes things up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, this engine is useless. Literally nothing for it. I can find them new all day, but no parts worth a damn. It needs a pz14 carb. I was gonna try and fit a PZ20. Unless I make a custom manifold or adapter, It aint happening. Not to mention, I can't even find a rebuild kit for the damned thing. lol. Looks like I'm really gonna have to swap the engine. But I can't find anything that's automatic. Semi auto could work, but the shifter will drag long before the pegs if I do that.

Anyone know of an auto 110 or 125?

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Pz20 is way to big I have a pz19 on my 200cc dirt bike for reference...

Your best bet is going to be a genuine Honda carby for a SL70 it should bolt right up...

As far as automatic's the only automatic there are are the ones for the china quads but again that will put you away from aftermarket parts due to the weird sizes and stuff there are no standards in those engines.

If you want aftermarket you pretty much have to go with a pitster or piranha or do a genuine Honda swap.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
There is a pz16. That's the carburetor you need even a Chinese one, you don't need no name brand crap. Just saying, check Amazon or Ebay and you can find the 16 mm and that is the carburetor you need. My 70cc ran a 19 mm carburetor. And I was actually four different 70cc Motors, no matter what you still need to tune it to your engine and your atmosphere.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
I 🤔 his uses the two bolt ones those venom X15 rep bikes are EPA for California.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes. It uses a 2 bolt flange. The manifold seems to be choked down, also. I’ll have to take my dremel to it. I’ve found a full auto 110cc engine with bottom mounted started. Might order that soon, and set the original engine off to the side as a spare for the dirt bike or other x15.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Just check your measurements and make sure that it will fit the 110 front of the engine is a bit longer but I think you will have clearance. You will notice that the x-15 reproduction bike is a bit smaller than the original x-15.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the 110 on the way. I'm kind of excited about this. Once this bike can actually make some speed, and have a better throttle response, I'll really be able to get the kiddo to push a little harder on his bike. Now to find an open parking lot, and some cones.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts