Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Got the 110 on the way. I'm kind of excited about this. Once this bike can actually make some speed, and have a better throttle response, I'll really be able to get the kiddo to push a little harder on his bike. Now to find an open parking lot, and some cones.
Awesome it will be twice as fast

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The 110 is here!! FedEx guy left the box stood upright, so some oil came out. Not a lot. Shipper was smart enough to plug the case vent with plastic. Gonna start the tear down of the bike soon. In the dining room. Because middle aged bachelor life. Lol

Cat Carnivore Felidae Whiskers Office equipment Motor vehicle Automotive design Reflex camera Automotive tire Digital camera Reflex camera Camera lens Cameras & optics Digital camera Motor vehicle Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine Auto part

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, a few issues. The 110 is considerably wider than the "90"cc. And, the top mounting hole is slightly father back thank on the 90. I can make it fit, but plastics will need to be modified, and the bike will lose some angle clearance. Wondering if I should attempt to make this fit, or look for another frame, and just sort out the original engine somehow. Jeez. Lol.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Depends how many projects you want to and how many headaches you want. I for one like to keep things as original as possible, looking and I have to modify but in the end you can make it your own whichever direction you go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have too many as it is, already!! lol. A tiny 110 sport bike trainer would be a lot of fun for the kiddo and myself, though. I just don't know what I could put it on. I'll pull the original engine off the venom, and figure out what all I can do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
bringing this thing back up, I came across this on alibaba

I guess it's the bike in it's original configuration. Venom did add a suspension fork. Still listed as 50cc, and Venom actually made the rearsets longer and lower, jacking up ground clearance. The kids on the video are almost knee down. My kid starts scraping pegs just turning normally. lol. I'm trying to figure out how to get plastics and those pegs. I'm also just gonna see what I can do to the original engine, as it'll take entirely too much work (I.E. I don't want to fiddle around with it) to get the 110 on that frame. But, that also means I have a 110 I need to do something with, now. lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Venom is just a importer they don't even open the box it comes from china how it sits they simply unload the cargo container into there Warehouse and when somebody orders it they grab the box off of the stack and ship it out.

That's why all of these places get a bad rep for damaged bikes they most definitely do not open the box and inspect it before they ship it out.

Sometimes if you're lucky the bike will come without the branding stickers applied :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not exactly. Venom does go through and set the bikes up beforehand. I bought my KPM 200 from them last year 90% assembled. That bike and mine are visually different. I think they lied about the 90cc engine, though.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Not exactly. Venom does go through and set the bikes up beforehand. I bought my KPM 200 from them last year 90% assembled. That bike and mine are visually different. I think they lied about the 90cc engine, though.
Probably really is 90cc the thing is the Chinese engines don't have the power output like the Japanese bikes do my 250cc Chinese dirt bike feels like a 125 but I have had it apart and it is really a 250 basically just a rip off of 1980s technology but then you don't really use a Chinese dirt bike for trail riding you use it for basically logging road riding and take it easy on it so it can last.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Probably really is 90cc the thing is the Chinese engines don't have the power output like the Japanese bikes do my 250cc Chinese dirt bike feels like a 125 but I have had it apart and it is really a 250 basically just a rip off of 1980s technology but then you don't really use a Chinese dirt bike for trail riding you use it for basically logging road riding and take it easy on it so it can last.
Yeah. The power output is incredibly low. The 200cc engine on my lifan makes 17hp. The KTM Duke 200/ RC200 both make about 25hp. I would say it was a true 90cc, if it outran my son's other "70cc" dirt bike that has the visually same engine. Both bikes are about even in acceleration, and the X15 just barely eeks out ahead in top speed due to the smaller sprocket in the rear. and I mean, barely.

I'm thinking I could up the compresson, and see what I can do about it getting more revs. I can't find cams for it. Or, anything for it, honestly. The jug and head design look different from the honda and yamaha copies.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Yeah. The power output is incredibly low. The 200cc engine on my lifan makes 17hp. The KTM Duke 200/ RC200 both make about 25hp. I would say it was a true 90cc, if it outran my son's other "70cc" dirt bike that has the visually same engine. Both bikes are about even in acceleration, and the X15 just barely eeks out ahead in top speed due to the smaller sprocket in the rear. and I mean, barely.

I'm thinking I could up the compresson, and see what I can do about it getting more revs. I can't find cams for it. Or, anything for it, honestly. The jug and head design look different from the honda and yamaha copies.
The thing is all of those engines have the same RPM output more cc equals more torque so you can gear it up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The thing is all of those engines have the same RPM output more cc equals more torque so you can gear it up.
I need to count the teeth on the sprockets. I don't think they are that much difference in size to keep the acceleration at nearly the exact same rate and have a minimal top speed gain. They both also seem like they are actually revving lower than they could. I'll try and find a proper tach for them to see where they are, but I'm suspecting around 6500 to 7000, when 9000 should be the norm. Also, both of these do have catalytic converters on them, built into the exhaust. But, the exhaust ports on the head are in a different spot from the hondas, kawis, and yamahas. I'm not really in the mood to make an exhaust for these (lazy, I know. lol). This too can contribute to the lower revs.

But, I also have to be careful with these things, as I can't find replacement parts for any of it. Gaskets, heads, jugs. Nothing. I have to pull the dang things apart just to figure out if I can even put it back together. lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
That's because those engines are clones of the Honda z50 engine.

The engines cloned off of the sl70 ( typical pit bike engine ) is a much higher revving engine by design.

Even though they look the same on the outside once you open the engine you're going to see why it revs so much lower than it's bigger brother.

Honestly it's not worth wasting your time disassembling the engine once you open it and see what's going on in there you're not going to want to put it back together if you swap it with a pit bike engine you will get the power you're looking for the ability to get parts and gaskets even aftermarket performance parts...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I did say that the jugs and heads are different. There's also seems to be different mounting points on the engine, also. But, I'll have to look at another 50cc engine for an apples to apples comparison. I'm actually looking for an x18 or x19 frame to build on, so I can put this 110 to use.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts