Pocketbike Forum banner

Got two x15s!!!

3K views 50 replies 6 participants last post by  macho 
#1 ·
I stopped by the local dealership out here (Hawg Power sports) and looked at a new dirtbike for the kiddo. The SYX Is fun and all, but another deltoro clone broke, and I just don't feel like replacing it. I saw an RPS 4 stroke that I liked.

Months back, I remembered that they had one x15, and I wanted to know if he still had it. He had two actually. Both stuffed in the corner, covered in dust. He couldn't move them. People thought that they were normal sized bikes and would be disappointed. Lol
I mentioned wanting one for my kid, but didn't want to pay the price. He said he doesn't care about them, and they're not high priority, so I can have them for $700 each. So, I came home with 3 bikes. Lol.

See less See more
#34 ·
That's because those engines are clones of the Honda z50 engine.

The engines cloned off of the sl70 ( typical pit bike engine ) is a much higher revving engine by design.

Even though they look the same on the outside once you open the engine you're going to see why it revs so much lower than it's bigger brother.

Honestly it's not worth wasting your time disassembling the engine once you open it and see what's going on in there you're not going to want to put it back together if you swap it with a pit bike engine you will get the power you're looking for the ability to get parts and gaskets even aftermarket performance parts...

#35 ·
I did say that the jugs and heads are different. There's also seems to be different mounting points on the engine, also. But, I'll have to look at another 50cc engine for an apples to apples comparison. I'm actually looking for an x18 or x19 frame to build on, so I can put this 110 to use.

#36 ·

I guess venom saw my post, because they updated their description of the X15. lol.

#37 ·
After doing some research, I finally found the engine code. Specs on it say the engine only revs to about 1700 rpm. Seems incredibly low. I've found casing gaskets, so far, so I'm looking for more stuff.

Edit: More research has dyno numbers at 2.4 hp at 6000 rpm. I'm trying really hard to figure this thing out. lol. Odd enough, the 1700 rpm came from the chinese spec manual. The HP info came from a Harley dealership website selling a version of my son's RPS. lol.

#39 ·
So, new development, but not with the x15, as I'm just keeping the other one for parts/testing. It's with the RPS dirt bike. I'm replacing with with a 70cc Moto Tec X1. It uses a conventional engine, so the 110 engine I have will bolt up to it later, when the kiddo decides 70cc isn't enough. it's also a far better frame design, and looks stronger than the other bike.

Now, the RPS will still have life within the family. I'm giving that to my niece. She is interested in riding (I got her with that bug when I bought the second SYX for myself, and let her ride it. lol) Hopefully, I can get her into racing also, if she's really interested in it. I'll have to take her to meet a few of the ladies I know who race (and are far better than I am). It'll be great to have my son and niece on minis out on the track. (and make logistics easier if they do decide to race, as it'll be me taking them everywhere. lol)

#40 ·
Hey i also bought an x15 from venom and some people say it can be swapped with the short head 125cc or 140cc pitbike likes lifan or yx with the starter on the bottom but i also heard from other people that it wont fit without modification like widening the forks or cutting the frame by the stem and stretching it from there. Just curious if you have done the swap or if you have any info on what could potentially fit in there.

#43 ·
Waaay back then, they use to have a class. Just for the x1 and x2, these guys did. All kinds of modifications. In fact some made their own chassis. Lot of good things went on.
The China super pocketbikes hold up very well. Suspension needs to be done, brakes and on some. The rear swingarm needs to be braced.
There's video of a basic stock x15(original x15, not that venom). With a first time racer on it holding off a ysr50. That x15 only had better tires on it.
At first they didn't want to let the super pocketbikes on the tracks. Because of insurance reasons for the tracks. Then when they started going more to shifter style bikes. The super pocketbikes was allowed. Then they started banning the true pocketbikes. A lot of tracks that I know on they east coast. Still do not allow any of the true pocketbikes on them.
It's been proven years ago. The super pocketbikes. Hold up and can be made competitive.
The real issues were, some people. That wanted to or went to the tracks. Didn't bother to do the proper basic work. Or secure the fairings, wire tie and loctite bolts.
Plus the xbike crowd was to inconsistent. 1 event you got a full grid. Next event can't get enough to fill the grid. So tracks and the organizations got tired of that.
The trend seems to be (IMO) because the cost and quality was cheap. The xbiker's wouldn't not put much devotion in to tracking.
Oh and last, once the guys that was really dedicated. To tracking these super pocketbikes. Got our hands on some slicks. That fit the rims it was a whole new game.lol

#51 ·
Months back, I remembered that they had one x15, and I wanted to know if he still had it. He had two actually. Both stuffed in the corner, covered in dust. He couldn't move them. People thought that they were normal sized bikes and would be disappointed. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.