Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, just wondering if my cateye minibike has a govener on it?
and if so how do i remove it?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Don't think it has one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i guess ill make due.
its just for fun, not trying to get into racing or anything. ill swap the rear sprocket and maybe the exhaust but i think thats as far as ill go.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Don't worry, I've got two mid-bikes with the same Stock engines out in the garage, I was just giving you a hard time!

It does Say Smart A$$ up by my username! :p:thumbsup:

They make a Reed conversion kit, plus a carb kit that wakes these bikes up, And CAM2 has the hookup's on where to find the cool tuned pipes for pretty cheap!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
whats a reed conversion, i have seen them, im just not sure how they work or where the mount.
im assuming it has to do with the carb correct?

also wheres a good place to get one for a good price? ive seen them for 135.00

sorry for the newb Q's

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
whats a reed conversion, i have seen them, im just not sure how they work or where the mount.
im assuming it has to do with the carb correct?

also wheres a good place to get one for a good price? ive seen them for 135.00

sorry for the newb Q's

No problem, Like EPR said, I talk too much anyway, might as well try to be helpful.

Piston port, basically the piston opens and closes both the intake and exhaust ports in the cylinder, and that's it, if the piston cannot close the valve in time, the magic is lost!

There is also no real way of developing PSI in the crankcase under the cylinder, which on a Reed'ed or timed port (4-stroke) engine is a nifty way of making pressure below, and then "Shooting" the next round of fuel mix up to the cylinder to be "Exploded" !! :eek:

So, while piston port is cheaper, and sort of easier, it's not optimum at all.

Reeds, they sit behind the carburetor between it and the engine, the point of the reeds is simple, a simple one way "Reed" valve, air (air plus fuel) can enter through the intake but cannot exit, this lets the crank case pressure build up, and basically "Turbo's" the fuel up to the cylinder head to power the next "Power Stroke" (ignition of fuel)

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Good Job Nick. Don't waste your money on a reed system, for $130 I could have a an HP exhaust a WT 813 Walbro w/ alum manifold w/ boost port, V-stack and choke and air filter, drill holes in the clutch shoes, cut down the fins on the flywheel and maybe add a rocket key if you like.
That will give you more power than them reed kits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts