Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sorry if i seem like a noob (yes im new to pocket bikes but i love them!). Seems my engine is running fine on my CAG-DAYTONA but my back weel wont run, or the chain when i turn the throttle? think its the automatic clutch?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
It must be the clutch, look under the clutch bell, where the front pinion mounts, that clutch is held closed by springs, and as rpm's build up the clutch is "supposed" to open into the bell and then drive the rear wheel.

Good luck! :):thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It must be the clutch, look under the clutch bell, where the front pinion mounts, that clutch is held closed by springs, and as rpm's build up the clutch is "supposed" to open into the bell and then drive the rear wheel.

Good luck! :):thumbsup:
I hope clutch are not hard to fix, i just purchase a new clutch as well :p

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Nicks onto something.........Cant argue with the diagnosis but can offer some advice..........

Theyre not too hard...the springs are the toughest part if you have to just clean the oxidation and rust off the shoulder bolts and inside the holes of the pads to get them to throw out like they should...........

Make sure you deglaze the pads and the clutch bell with 100 or 80 grit sandpaper to insure optimal grip with least slip/////;-Slippage = heated clutch bell and lost speed

If the pads are wiped out and youre buying a whole clutch w/spring kit....Removing the clutch is easier with a tool like this.......But theres other methods............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nicks onto something.........Cant argue with the diagnosis but can offer some advice..........

Theyre not too hard...the springs are the toughest part if you have to just clean the oxidation and rust off the shoulder bolts and inside the holes of the pads to get them to throw out like they should...........

If the pads are wiped out and youre buying a whole clutch w/spring kit....Removing the clutch is easier with a tool like this.......But theres other methods............

i go the Cagllari Daytona RVS Parts, Cagllari Daytona RVS Parts, 47cc Mods, Pocket Bike Tuning, Authorized Dealer, Wholesale Cagllari Parts "Racing Clutch". This CAG is brand new. But it seems when it ry and move my bike the rear wheel is like stuck? but no brakes are pumping to make it do that?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
i go the Cagllari Daytona RVS Parts, Cagllari Daytona RVS Parts, 47cc Mods, Pocket Bike Tuning, Authorized Dealer, Wholesale Cagllari Parts "Racing Clutch". This CAG is brand new. But it seems when it ry and move my bike the rear wheel is like stuck? but no brakes are pumping to make it do that?
Take a wrench and loosen the cable adjuster nut on both rear and front brakes then try rolling it......

Another thing I suggest you doing is putting it on a bench and getting that chain as straight as possible......dont always go by the even steven technique on both sides of the swingarm mounts.....Theres very few frames welded by the chinese kids that are totally straight............

I try to get the rear wheel to freeroll as many revolutions and as noisless in the pinion gear as possible as i can get it by ear...............

The engine mounts arent always true either.....I had to belt sand mine to get the engine to sit flat on the plate..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I take the clutch housing off, w/ the chain on it, drop the chain when you pull it off. You can take off the springs, which is a Pain, and the 14mm bolts off, take the shoes off, put your new shoes on the old center piece if it is in good shape and you won't take the clutch off.
I had to split the cases on one, after taking the flywheel off and splitting the case on that side. Then I hold the clutch or case half with my fingers put a small socket in the center of the clutch on the crank end, hit the socket w/ a hammer the crankshaft falls out and you are holding a clutch and or case in your hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts