Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any kind of exhaust that I can put on this thing instead of the stupid muffler came with?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends if you have the 2 or 4 stroke model...
4 but ordered a 2 engine with gear box just don't know if I can mount the new one with the exhaust especially with her being a stupid spring in the back for the suspension right in the middle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 but ordered a 2 engine with gear box just don't know if I can mount the new one with the exhaust especially with her being a stupid spring in the back for the suspension right in the middle
I ordered a two-stroke 49cc I have a four-stroke 40cc right now that has a middle spring suspension on the back. I have not got the new parts yet looks like it will fit I am not look like at the dimensions or nothing. That may be my own stupid fault but if it doesn't work I'll send the stuff back I just don't know too much about this stuff thinking about just selling the one I got and getting something that's already got one on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
The biggest problem is they don't sell them new with two strokes in the US all this clean Air act and stuff with France has banned 2-stroke rideables that don't meet the stringent EPA standards even going as far as seizing or sending back shipments going through US customs. Basically anything with Street tires and a internal combustion engine is going to draw attention to being inspected.

With that said there is plenty on the used market or importing personally I like where you're going engine swapping your own let us know and take plenty of pictures and we can help you along the way...

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
569 Posts
Yes swapping is not a bolt in option. But if you're slightly handy you can make the plate fit the engine you need. But there is the use Market. I've bought plenty of used ones fix them and sold them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes swapping is not a bolt in option. But if you're slightly handy you can make the plate fit the engine you need. But there is the use Market. I've bought plenty of used ones fix them and sold them.
How can I make my GP rs-r 4 stroke faster? Please help! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Put a 2 stroke it it :) there are zero mods for the 4 stroke except very minor port work to the intake most people who take it part end up throwing it away after because it's complicated and needs to be very detailed in the re assembly with the push rods and camshaft lifter forks springs and all have to put back In exactly the same way they came out ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put a 2 stroke it it :) there are zero mods for the 4 stroke except very minor port work to the intake most people who take it part end up throwing it away after because it's complicated and needs to be very detailed in the re assembly with the push rods and camshaft lifter forks springs and all have to put back In exactly the same way they came out ...
Yes I ordered a two-stroke engine and an exhaust it looks like the holes will line up with it but I'm not 100% sure I won't know until I get it. any input on that? I am so brand new to this. I just screwed up in the first place and thought it was a 50cc 4-stroke will it turned out to be a 40cc 4-stroke I was just too damn excited to want to get one I did a lot of research but not enough I guess.

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
You have 2 options you can use 4 pieces of angle iron drill and bolt the angle iron together and make an adapter plate to raise the engine up

Option two is cut off the original motor mount and weld a flat piece of metal straight across the peg plate like how they do it on the regular Cagllari Daytona

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dam dude! I have no idea what your talking about. But I'm sure I will figure it out hopefully. By the way where do you live anyway I was born and raised in California for 23 years. I moved to Virginia for about 7 years and I've lived on the border of Michigan and Indiana in Elkhart Indiana for the past 11 years. Anyway just making conversation because it seems like you're responding to me late and I know that there may be a time difference. But I do remember when I left California in 2003 that that pocket bike craze was going on and I rode one and I've always wanted one but I never had one till now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have 2 options you can use 4 pieces of angle iron drill and bolt the angle iron together and make an adapter plate to raise the engine up

Option two is cut off the original motor mount and weld a flat piece of metal straight across the peg plate like how they do it on the regular Cagllari Daytona
And why would I want to raise the engine up are you talking about the four stroke?. I'm waiting for the new 2-stroke to come in with the pipe to see if there's anything I can do with the frame that I have. Again I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing and I still won't know until I get those parts in. Maybe I'm just blowing smoke but all the help I can get this definitely appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Look at the picture I posted your going to have to raise the 2 stroke engine up for the carburator to clear the peg bar/engine mount

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look at the picture I posted your going to have to raise the 2 stroke engine up for the carburator to clear the peg bar/engine mount
Okay I think I see it now but for some reason when I look at the picture that you posted it looks a lot different than what I'm going to have. Anyway stay safe be cool and I will update and post pictures later thanks for your help.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
569 Posts
The ONLY thing to do without digging into the motor like kitty said and getting frustrated is to modify, or install a bigger carb and staight pipe exhaust. Just like a stage 1 for a 212cc predator engine. It wouldn't be much of a power increase but could give you 20% more power. Thise 4 Strokes were really meant for children.
I heard one one time and it wouldn't go more than 18 mph. Same a a friend. Sold it quick.
If you can weld chop that engine plate off and weld on a new plate, make sure to predrill the mounting holes for the 2 stroke. But also line everything up. Chain and such.
Honestly, I would probably just behind a used 2-stroke pocket bike and sell the 4 stroke. That would be easier.

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
They really put a damper on modifying things with the four stroke.

The head cylinder and crankcase are all one solid casting.

The only place I see for modification is changing the angles on the plastic cam lobe but you can't go to aggressive because it is plastic...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The ONLY thing to do without digging into the motor like kitty said and getting frustrated is to modify, or install a bigger carb and staight pipe exhaust. Just like a stage 1 for a 212cc predator engine. It wouldn't be much of a power increase but could give you 20% more power. Thise 4 Strokes were really meant for children.
I heard one one time and it wouldn't go more than 18 mph. Same a a friend. Sold it quick.
If you can weld chop that engine plate off and weld on a new plate, make sure to predrill the mounting holes for the 2 stroke. But also line everything up. Chain and such.
Honestly, I would probably just behind a used 2-stroke pocket bike and sell the 4 stroke. That would be easier.
Thanks for the input this one's not that bad I clocked it at 30 miles an hour. I just want to go faster that's all

1 - 20 of 30 Posts