Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so will the gpx 160 engine work in the x18 because I wanna get around 70-80mph and this may do the trick. Has any one done this or how can I get around that speed because the stock motor sucks. Thanks and will this be a direct bolt on or what.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Nothing you buy thats bigger than a 110cc engine is a direct fit bolt-on...theres always something that needs to be modded/researched/upgraded especially the suspension/brakes.......A 160 will fit...Swheels has one in an X18...Give him a shout............

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Yes it will fit... Same honda clone based motor so the mounts line right up. The issues will be with the exhaust,carb and oilcooler getting items bolted in. Any of the pitbike motors that are honda based clones bolt right in. Now if it's a klx motor those do not bolt right in different motor mounts
As Cam mentioned the brakes,tires and suspensions will need to be upgraded. You don't have to but for safety and if your gonna be going that fast I suggest it. Cam has done some great mods to get the stock front brakes to work better. There is a thread that a member did that is very detailed on what was envolved. I forget that member's name but I know he used a pitster pro 155z motor. Do a search or if I find the the thread i'll post a link.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Yes it will fit... Same honda clone based motor so the mounts line right up. The issues will be with the exhaust,carb and oilcooler getting items bolted in. Any of the pitbike motors that are honda based clones bolt right in. Now if it's a klx motor those do not bolt right in different motor mounts
As Cam mentioned the brakes,tires and suspensions will need to be upgraded. You don't have to but for safety and if your gonna be going that fast I suggest it. Cam has done some great mods to get the stock front brakes to work better. There is a thread that a member did that is very detailed on what was envolved. I forget that member's name but I know he used a pitster pro 155z motor. Do a search or if I find the the thread i'll post a link.
It was roadclam..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.