Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had an opportunity to buy either one, which one would you buy and why? I'm looking for a more powerful bike and I have my eye on both. The GRC GP 4.2 will cost me about $500 with shipping and extra parts. The Blata Origami b1 2005 model, will be about $900 shipped, only has a few hours and is very clean. I know the origami has more power and is water cooled, but more concerned about handling. What do you think? Thanks.

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Your not going to go very fast with 4.2 hp, my Honda Camel C1 50cc ( 46cc ) might have up to 12 hp when I get it back together with all the mods & SKF Blata bearings, Dupont Viton oil and water seals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured the origami would be faster, but I've seen some grc 4.2's on youtube that are pretty quick. I've read that the origami is kinda twitchy when it comes to handling, and would like some input from those who own one or own the grc.

How well does your c1 handle?

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
I LOVE my GRG GP frame but I have a 6.2 Case and upgraded it to a watercooled 40cc because I needed more speed... I have the 4.2 air cooled in a 910 I got... Its fast but not as fast your gonna to want to go.. I'm not sure if the 4.2 cases fit the BZM heads if you did ever do want to upgrade... :(

Are u Sure that GRC has the Polini Series 1 4.2 in it? I thought they came with the Series 2 6.2?? Do you know how to tell the difference? The part of the case where the reeds sit is off at a 45 degree angle on the Series 2 and flat on the Series 1..

Even though I love the GRC if it is a 4.2 I'd go with the watercooled engine... Faster.. But then again.. 900 Bucks vs 500.... lol Good luck!!

N!ps

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you had an opportunity to buy either one, which one would you buy and why? I'm looking for a more powerful bike and I have my eye on both. The GRC GP 4.2 will cost me about $500 with shipping and extra parts. The Blata Origami b1 2005 model, will be about $900 shipped, only has a few hours and is very clean. I know the origami has more power and is water cooled, but more concerned about handling. What do you think? Thanks.
hello road ....
lal choice of bike is also evaluated capento how tall are you and how much weight .... definitely a 4.2cv is not the maximum ........
Blata the engine (if it is the original and not the Chinese) is very good! the only change that you should do is remove the internal pump to the crankcase and put one external (in Italy we have almost all the Blata so), if it considers the 50cc too abrupt it takes very little to soften ... just stretch ratio or lower the clutch a few turns

sorry for my English but I am Italian and I use a translator :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I'm learning a lot already.

It looks like I should save my pennies for the origami, but I haven't got any input on handling. Anyone have any experience with these bikes?

I found this bike on tsunami's website. A C2, any good? I like the frame better than the blata and it has dual discs.

Attachments

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
I cant tell from the pics.. Need to see a little higher on that engine. Can almost see it in the engine pic.. And it might be a 4.2 but still cant say for sure and I really think these came with the Series 2..

I never drove a B1 so I dont know about the handling. For my Size.. 6'2 and 165 the GP handles great.. The GP's also has the 2 front disk brakes.. You need the pick of the other side to see it. unless he took it off..

That C2 is Obviously one of the many Replica’s of the GRC GP.. I'd have fun on it but wouldn’t trust it or bring it to a real race... Prob a 50cc..

And the GP is missing the Lower Fairing and Rear Wheel Fairing.. I'm not sure if that is the original Seat either... Has some different curves i'm not used to.. ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey Roadogtri.!
If I may, from a minimoto Racer point of view. It All Boils Down to Riders style or preference for riding style. My opinion however if you want to look at race results in the masses. Not too many championships if any on the Origami Chassis but GRC GP does have a record of wins under their belt. Not to say that the Origami is not a good bike. I personally have 2 teammates that can ride the living [email protected] out of an Origami B1. Like N!pples says the GP Handles Great.! I use to own a GRC GP and Had a lot of seat time on my teammates B1. GP is a little too rigid for rough surface tracks where the B1's trellis style chassis has more flex to soak up the rough. Between the two,the GP Handles quicker in a tight course where the B1 takes some work to throw around. High speed Kart Tracks like what we had here in Las Vegas formerly Known as "The X-Plex" compliments the characteristics of the B1.
Now one More thing is Between the two engines the Polini vs. the Blata. More Interchangeability with the Polini. Can be mixed up with other manufaturer parts such as Polini, Polini style,BZM,ZPF,etc. to name a few. B1 Gotta stay with all Blata or Blata style parts.
Hope this helps a little more.! Do you plan on racing or just to rip around for fun.?
I'll have to share some photos sometime soon to share my small collection of Midi-minimotos/pocket bikes..

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Nice info Rych!!! Soo tru about the Rigidness of the GRC frame it doesn’t act as nice on a really rough track.. The place we were riding lately had perfect asphalt.. That’s why I have the BMS now.. ;) Hey Rych 3 others and I are headed out to Grange next weekend to race around.. You and your bro should roll out… Its only like 3 hours.. lol

CaptHigher knows what hes talking about so I’d say it’s a Series 1 4.2 then… lol Small World..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nice info Rych!!! Soo tru about the Rigidness of the GRC frame it doesn’t act as nice on a really rough track.. The place we were riding lately had perfect asphalt.. That’s why I have the BMS now.. ;) Hey Rych 3 others and I are headed out to Grange next weekend to race around.. You and your bro should roll out… Its only like 3 hours.. lol

CaptHigher knows what hes talking about so I’d say it’s a Series 1 4.2 then… lol Small World..
How Much to Ride? Pratice only or race?

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.