Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I started the tear down of the GRC GP with the A/C 39cc polini.. Got it as stripped as I think I need strip it.. I decided to change the Suzuki paint job… I was originally going to try and salvage it because it seemed so nice.. But after the accident the plastics just had too many gouges to look as good as I might like.. And matching of the fancy 4 colors isn’t cheap.. Gonna go with a flat black all around and a white windshield.. :rolleyes:

The Rear Bearings are stiff and need to be replaced. They seem to be in there good so I think I have to take the hubs off to get them out.. I have some Chinese bearings but almost think I want ceramic.. They seem a bit pricey for these broke times. So think I’ll probably just go with the 10.95 set from Mid South.. I’m hoping they are Euro not Chinese.. I also need a rebuild kit for the water pump. Its apart and cleaned up but the bearings are stiff. Thanks for the water pump link EPR but prob just get the rebuild kit. Its only 18 bucks.

I already put the Radiator on and seems to fit fine. Super excited!!! All I need now is to finish paying off Young for the parts hes saving for me and save for the 6 port Cylinder and piston Kit... Oh and the Clutch bell w pully.. :( I can’t make money fast enough for this hobby… lol Pics Coming soon!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sounds good Dude, can't wait till it runs. Going to have to grind a few welds out of the inside of the SS C1 exhaust pipe, and get the front wheel back on,lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
NIPS!

Dude, this bearing stuff is a total rip off from the bike shops. It cost me a small fortune to rebuild the Blata. I bought BETTER bearings for pennies on the dollar from a regional bearing shop called "whisler bearing".

Not sure if they have them in CA or not, but its WELL worth your time to look for a machine tool/hydraulic supplier. I know they are out there.

Just get a set of calipers and measure the bearing. Better yet, bring them with you and have them match them up. This includes pump seals, case seals, you name it.

All this stuff is dirt cheap from vendors that deal in supplying parts for pumps, motors, hydraulics, etc. Same goes for chains. It's a #25 chain. I bought 15' of it locally for less than $20 dollars.

Good luck.

C.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Chad, Thats sucks about the small fortune on the blata.. Were the bearings bad all around? Did you do the case bearings also?? I'm sure we have a bearing store close.. Its a big city, :) I just haven't gone looking yet.. I've been looking at the chain from industrial/machining sites. Be getting some of that soon also! Got the bearings and I own calipers. I was going to go searching soon.. I know Osh doesnt have them but was going to hit Allen Bolt next...

Thanks for the advice man!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I did every bearing/seal on the engine. It's not a big deal. I'd of done it regardless just for the peace of mind.

Bike runs great. It's loading up a bit on the low end though and when we park it at night it'll puddle some fuel in the exhaust. I guess maybe the shutoff valve is weeping a bit. Not to worry.

It's basically the kid's bike now. Once the snow flies I'll tell him to tear it down completely. We'll blast the frame, grind some welds, repaint and spiff it up for spring. I'm going to whip up some billet triple clamps for it and build a new set of forks with a quick release axle that won't pinch the bearings the way the factory one does.

Same with the body kit.

Running recoil lugs for Remington actions right now. Bout like watching paint dry, but its nice taking a $1.50 piece of chromoly and turning it into a $55 dollar part. :)

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good job on keeping her right! I really dont think that bike could have gone to a better owner! Glad its running good and the boy found a new hobby.. Can't wait to see your Tripple clamps and quick release Forks... Stamp em and sell em! But then again with remmington contracts who needs to make pocket bike parts.. lol Congrats on that man. Doesnt sound like fun but sounds like CASH.... Cheers man!

We need billit alluminum starter prawls for cag pull starts.. Well at least I do..... Wink!

What I really need a CNC machine.. Or even an old mill to get me started.... haha

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Those avatar pics are out of this world Nipples....LOL....I showed it to my girl and she said it was terrible.....I told her its a regular kid putting a screwface on........LOL

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Wow, Love that frame, must be light,lol. Wheelies anyone?? I got my C1 front tire back, got it on after a few days in the high sun.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Those avatar pics are out of this world Nipples....LOL....I showed it to my girl and she said it was terrible.....I told her its a regular kid putting a screwface on........LOL

lol, a random google search pic I've had for years.. My old Myspace Avatar folder has some good ones... lol

Wow, Love that frame, must be light,lol. Wheelies anyone?? I got my C1 front tire back, got it on after a few days in the high sun.
It pulled wheelies with the 39cc A/C I cant wait to get the bigger engine in it... Its driving me nuts! Glad you got your tire on the wheel! YAY!

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Pretty depressing day… My parents house got robbed last night.. Skeezy b.astards took everything of importance. Not only jewelry and cash but papers and bank boxes with birth certificates, bank info, social security cards, IRS papers and just memories in general… Then the bas.tards have the gull to log onto my dad’s laptop they stole, go on face book and post “I’m G.ay and coming out of the closet” on my dad’s account.. Geeze. The gull of some people.. Then the cops say that 52 people have been robbed in the area in a month and a half?!?!?! W.T.F? They cant post up? The fat security guards in the gated community can’t get out of their patrol cars to stake out anything but the street?!?!

To make things even cooler… I still haven’t been paid for 2 good jobs I did last month and earlier this… Can’t get a break. Wanna drive out to Vegas and hunt out these bas.tards myself but cant because I can’t seem to get paid on time…. Bills, Debts hah and I need my parts…… $hiTEEEE *$%* (&%^[email protected]* @&[email protected] @*&$^# @*&#$^&^^^ *!&@%! !^%[email protected]$

I did get my plastics patched, bondoed, sanded and primered..

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Holy Cow, It's going to be alot of work replacing a SS cards and stuff. Hope they catch them might be able to get there stuff back. They will get caught if they keep it up.
Going to work on my bikes, even though I don't feel like it, got to get it done might rain monday or tues.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Oh I hope they get the bast.ards.. Pretty sad, My parents are the last people that deserve to be robbed.. I did get one of my checks today and been watching a killer deal on craigslist.. It was still there this afternoon so I got a 3 for 1 special..

A real Polini GP3 39cc Water cooled reverse with a 5 port BZM Cylinder and head. Along with 2 GP3 Rep Bikes from tsunami.. All the fairings, Some including all the polini fairings need major work, a few extra tires and a brand new 3 shoe BZM clutch.. The polini needs the Clutch bell bearing installed (included)and the 19mm rep carb exchanged for my Del Orto 14/14 and it should be good to go after a cleanup and fairing fix.. One Rep bike is like brand new and starts and runs great. Just a little dirty and the Damper is trash.. The other is almost brand new needs a new throttle assembly and that 19mm rep carb put back on it.. Fix the polini fairings and put the plastics back on it and it should be good to roll… Oh Damper is trash on that one also.. They dont seem to be adjustable. Is there a way to rebuild these?

Super stoked….

Oh, and the pics of the GRC plastics.. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Nice find, what did that set you back?? I like that clutch, look at that Quality,lol. Both my new C1 tubeless tires leak, and I wet sanded the bead area on the rims, what else is new,lol. And the new tubes came today. Not taking them back off now, still have some Napa green slime tire sealer,lol. I was hoping my hkmoto stuff would show up today but no luck. It has my Cag eng cases and 2 Blata rep coils & a C1 39mm piston kit, my coil is breaking up on and off, and it has a yellow spark.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The picture sucks but its a brand new 3 shoe.. Worth almost 2oo Retail.. I heard the trick of spraying the Rustolium rummer seal on the inside of the rims and tires could help slow leaks.... The slime has always done me well tho.. Only once the beads were to messed up and the slime just made the tire slip when you gunned it.. lol PM'd

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I know them clutches are exspensive, I was looking for my C1. Some of them at midsouth, say call for price and stock, that's when you know your going to pay big time,lol.
I got that Z1 rep clutch for $18 at hk and it fits on my Cag crank, and its 76mm for a 78mm bell, but don't know if the Cag bell will work with it, no cases yet so I can't tell anything. Probably mark the engine and piston w/ a Sharpie while its raining next week, we need the rain but it's bad timing,lol.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya, no rain all year and then right we get some fun projects it starts falling... lol, I'm sure it will be gone soon and when it does I'm hitting the asphault..

I think the clutches are 170 or so at Mid south.. I think its too big for my OG polini bell :(.. I thought my bell was 80 but guess not.. Going down with my calipers to see whats going on.. I completely tore down the GP3, The frame needs paint but cleaning up good.. That bike had some use to it.. I'll get her running and looking good in no time..

Cheers

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Don't think its going rain down that far, your safe,lol.
My real Polini bell is 80mm, I have a beat up Polini clutch on it now till I can find another. Don't know if I want a 2 or 3 shoe?? The copy bell housings are 78mm, but alittle thicker than a Cag bell like my C1. That Z1 copy clutch is 76mm for a 78 bell. I might try to take my C1 Flywheel off and put my rocket key in when the new coils get here. Everything from China will show up when it's raining, it's Murphy's Law,lol.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was sprinkling for like half the day today. think its going away already... I measured the BZM clutch and it seems to be 82mm?! It doesnt seem to be adjustable either.. I'm lost! I was doing like 20 things at once down there so forgot to measure the Bell it came out of.. I'll figure it out..

**** my parts list is getting bigger...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I think I saw 84mm bells at midsouth or somewhere, and I was wondering what they were for. I would ask around about your clutch size and bell.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.