Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I was starting to get my pocket bike running and when I pulled the pull start all I heard a metal clashing. I tried again same thing. I removed my pull starter and noticed that my fly wheel was very loose and coil was really close. I moved my coil back as far as it went, tightened my flywheel and put the pull start back on. Then as I did before pull the pull start a few times and the same problem happened, It seems every time I put the flywheel on it just gets loose. Is there anyway to make the flywheel stay tight and on this is a huge issue because my old flywheel broke because the engine started running and my flywheel cracked in half off the coil. If anyone knows a cure and could post it that would be highly appreciated!

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Sounds like you're missing the woodruff key to keep the flywheel on straight. Also, could be the bolt in the center of the flywheel is not tight enough. ALSO, sometimes you have to put the flywheel on, set a long socket over the hole in the center, and whack it a couple of times with a hammer to get it to seat correctly.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Sounds like you have damaged the crank snout when the other flywheel broke...........Either get another engine or buy a whole engine bbk w/fcc and totally rebuild it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts