Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a grom pipe to see how it would fit my x15 track bike
it looks amazing and the size is about the size of a stock x18 muffler but smooshed a bit
cant wait to get home lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
That's gonna look BAD @SS!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That exhaust looks insanely good.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it didn't bolt right up, but I figured that
it might go right on the 18 tho, ill check that today
it looks like I need to unbend the first bend from the head pipe about half a inch and then that should go in, then I have a splice piece to make it a few inches longer in the middle
I really hate exhaust work

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
It's gonna look great either way when you get done.

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
That's one serious hp exhaust, must have set you back a few 100 bills, lol.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
epr, ya it did, I really wanted a nice pipe to go with the rest of my upgrades and plus I wanted to get rid of the J pipe to go to an under/side
took some pimp mock up pics but pbp is being ..well pbp and so here is a link
http://imgur.com/hIo9a0P
it seems like I can get this done, unbending the pipe a bit will be the worst but I only have to go a small way
I hear packing the pipe with sand and then torch it is the best way to avoid kinks
the pipe would nearly go on the 18 except for the bend I need to make and if the lower body bracket wasn't there
the can is large, not too large but bigger than all my others, and the shape is nice, it weighs average, not super light, the full carbon fibre was 100+ more, and I'm not in love with cf that much lol
the pipe was super light tho, dang near nothing

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
The head pipe and muffler look like SS?? That and chrome turns blue when you weld it. When I was getting my D.E.T. ( diesel certificate in College ) I did some thin sheet SS welding with a TIG machine. Small nice and clean welds, with minimum heat. My gas/oxy torch really turns the chrome blue.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe its ss, it will prolly turn blue but I don't mind that
well I cut the stock bracket off (what a mother), cut off the curve that went up in the rear, and now just unbend the headpipe and it should be good

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
https://youtu.be/9ckFPreiTNA
short clip of the sound, didn't sound a ton different than the other pipe
not happy with the placement so it might change

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I like it though it's tough for me to get the full effect. The tail section on to see if maybe the can needs to be raised some.
Most importantly is to make sure the swingarm is not gonna hit the can,when it is fully compressed.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya I wanted it to go higher, the bends just didn't let me
it wont hit the swinger but I might scrape it in a turn
I just wanted to hear it, nothing is welded yet

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I have arrived at the final position that works, and I just test rode what you see here
I still have to add some pretty and delete some ugly but the main part is done, and upon further testing this pipe could race in a few days
the refit of this pipe to our bikes isn't that bad if your kinda good at that stuff, I'm not so it was a lot of trial and error
I ended up cutting the pipe in 3 places, welded 1 joint and made sleeve connectors for the other 2
before when I made that vid I still had the noise surpressor in the can, after I took it out it sounded different and better
when I just now rode it, it felt like a different bike, like smoother
I still have to prove a few things and then ill get on it and see if the pipe races or not
all in all I'm happy with it and id get it again, ya it was a lot but it aint chinese

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Yeah that should work! It looks good and ready.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup, mostly to fit a better shock, at the time there was some 6'' fastaces going around and I noticed if I flipped the arm that would be close
secondly, because I could, the first gen x15 frame is symmetrical while the 2nd gen and x19 are offset
and lastly it just looks cool, the zx10R that inspired this bike also had it flipped
http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=101474&d=1348864313

·
Registered
484 Posts
Blitz you know I'm barely learning and please forgive me if I ask dumb questions lol but what is the filter looking thing in the back that runs to the back of the engine? And what are the wheel looking things on the front sides where the nose bolts on the frame? Your bike looks mean and serious lol. I want mine to look like that one day.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey thanks man, its only stupid if you don't ask
first is a catch can, they make you have one to race, it catches any oil that might come from the crankcase
I made it out of pvc and a few brass fittings, the little filter is from a car but I used it as a vent
its been ther for years and no oil ever got in there, so its kinda for nothin really, I'm just lazy and left it there
the wheel things are wheels lol, they are skateboard wheels that I am using as frame sliders
real frame sliders are made of the same thing but these are smaller and fit the look better
hopefully if/when I crash they will take the hit and save the body
keep your bike forever like me and it will evolve
valentino rossi says you need a passion for the motorcycle

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I forgot to say a member on here HGlenn/NuttyProfessor gave me the catch can design
anything new on yours?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts