Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

It's been forever since I've been on here. Graduated college, changed jobs and bought a house. Finally have the time for fun stuff again, it's good to see the forum growing. Lots of cool builds giving me lots of cool ideas. Hope you've all been well.

-Bullet

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Welcome back, there are some great mods going right now, I have 3 myself. Still on the twin engine drag bike, a Cag Z1 blueprinted 40mm 43cc ADA B/B kit, adding 2 upper ports and a 396g stock 12mm crank lightened to 350g and the pin is welded, looks like a Tig welder. got it from Hugh at SDscooters, he had 4, I got one, there $25 shipped, at 35, and 45g lightened, take your choice,lol. Then my favorite right now, a F1 engine with CNC machined billet case, w/ 4 reed block and intake about $180 to your door. Putting a FC 12mm racing crank in that one.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The twin engine bike is on hold till I find a new frame. I was trying to fit both in a lengthend A2 frame, with X7 front and rear. But now I bought new A2 front forks & using the A2 frame w/ one foot longer rear arms and a 40cc Polini engine and radiator in it, ready to weld the frame and put the engine mounts in. Looking for an X7 frame or bike, I figure I have enough room to put the 2nd engine behind and higher, so the chain would go from the top of the rear gear to the # 2 down to #1 and back to the bottom of the rear gear w/ a tension wheel.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The twin engine bike is on hold till I find a new frame. I was trying to fit both in a lengthend A2 frame, with X7 front and rear. But now I bought new A2 front forks & using the A2 frame w/ one foot longer rear arms and a 40cc Polini engine and radiator in it, ready to weld the frame and put the engine mounts in. Looking for an X7 frame or bike, I figure I have enough room to put the 2nd engine behind and higher, so the chain would go from the top of the rear gear to the # 2 down to #1 and back to the bottom of the rear gear w/ a tension wheel.
How are you planning to run the exhaust for the front engine? I only ask because I have very little room behind the engine in my X7 due to the velocity stack and exhaust. You may have to chop and stretch the frame to fit both in an X7, it's a long bike but not that long.

Also, do you have pics of the Polini build? Because that just sounds awesome.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Good question on the exhaust. The 2 engines will be mounted backwards. and the exhaust go down under the bike and out the back. They reverse 5 to 1 piston port engine transmissions and the chain will be on the right side of the frame. Yes I might have to mod the frame and rear arm lengths.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.