Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having some very cool weather around my parts recently and it is making my big bore cag a pain in the *** to start. I can pull on it and pull on it for like 30 minutes (combined attempts with breaks inbetween) and nothing then let it sit for a few minutes and try again and still nothing. Finally I get it started and once its warm it starts every pull. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to start?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
We are having some very cool weather around my parts recently and it is making my big bore cag a pain in the *** to start. I can pull on it and pull on it for like 30 minutes (combined attempts with breaks inbetween) and nothing then let it sit for a few minutes and try again and still nothing. Finally I get it started and once its warm it starts every pull. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to start?
Get Fitch......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't get it cam, but I can only guess your basically saying "man up"?

Well I drained the gas out (50:1 of unknown octane gas), went to the gas station and mixed 4 ounces of yamalube, 1 gallon of 93 octane and 1 16ounce bottle of octane booster and put that in the bike, notice I had some leakage onto the pipe and found out my head/cylinder jug bolts were loose and spraying out premix onto the pipe when the piston came up. So I tightened the bolts and now I am enjoying a nice cold Coors Light and when I am done with that I will see if this thing is gonna start so I can ride around the neighborhood before it gets too dark outside.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It started, I feel like an idiot. Moral of the story always check bolt tightness on a new motor after running it through a few heat cycles. Only problem now is it apparently is not liking the premix ratio, octane of gasoline, or the fact that I put all 16 ounces of octane booster in it.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
It started, I feel like an idiot. Moral of the story always check bolt tightness on a new motor after running it through a few heat cycles. Only problem now is it apparently is not liking the premix ratio, octane of gasoline, or the fact that I put all 16 ounces of octane booster in it.
It could just be the temperature............Checking the bolts is a good idea...Do you have a 2pc headkit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it was running and actually ran fine but after about 10 minutes it started running rough and cutting off on me. Ill look at it tomorrow, I did some adjusting on the carb that I might have to undo.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I think you are using way to much Octane Boost. I use 104 Octane Boost, I called them and the Tech told me no more than 1 1/3 ounce per gallon, a whole container is for 10 gals. or more,lol.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
yeah probably, oh well atleast I now have some more bonfire starting fluid, lol.

All you have to do is mix up a gallon of mix and add 2 pints of the gas w/octane boost per fresh gallon mix to make it useable if youre worried about it being too potent which it wont be btw..The onlt thing than can happen is your engine definately wont predetonate.I used throw 2 bottles of octane boost to 15 gallons of 93 octane in my F250 before I got the Fitch catalyst setup........I never had a problem using too much...The stuffs not as potent as theyd like you to beleive.........

While store bought additives are in general fairly safe, only a handful of them actually improve your octane by a reasonable amount, the rest simply take your money. If you own a high octane sports car and are contemplating using the low octane gas and adding octane booster to compensate, you really need to think if that will be a worthwhile decision.

First, you will have to find an octane booster that actually boosts octane by a measurable amount, then you will have to decide if you are actually saving anything considering the expense of the booster as opposed to just premium gas. You should also know that most experts will tell you that quality gas is most always preferred over an additive of any kind.

There are a few occasions when an additive may be beneficial to use. Just so you don't think that all additives are evil, these are a few worthy specimens, although don't expect them to improve gas mileage or performance.

Gas additives can take the form of oxygenates (alcohol or ethers), which can reduce the carbon monoxide expelled into the air by your vehicle. Octane boosters and anti-knocking agents sometimes work in larger engines but are more beneficial in 2 stroke single cylinder engines

Fuel stabilizers and antioxidants can be helpful if you do not use a vehicle very often, as these will help the gas from getting old and stale and subsequently performing sluggishly. Fuel system cleaners can also be helpful on occasion to clean-up harmful build-up and keep your engine running as it should.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't get it cam, but I can only guess your basically saying "man up"?

Well I drained the gas out (50:1 of unknown octane gas), went to the gas station and mixed 4 ounces of yamalube, 1 gallon of 93 octane and 1 16ounce bottle of octane booster and put that in the bike, notice I had some leakage onto the pipe and found out my head/cylinder jug bolts were loose and spraying out premix onto the pipe when the piston came up. So I tightened the bolts and now I am enjoying a nice cold Coors Light and when I am done with that I will see if this thing is gonna start so I can ride around the neighborhood before it gets too dark outside.
Where that bolt at because my bike be. Spit fuel in exhas pipe. And it never happen before. Can u show pic. R something about where the bolt is at

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.