Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think they are the exclusive importer/distributor. So they supply bikes to the local shops as well as sell them online. I got mine from http:www.ttsmotorsports.com here in Phoenix.

The prices are pretty much the same and I prefer to support the local guys, let alone the advantage if you have a problem you can go right back to the locals for help.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does xxxmini moto have it? cause i saw the RR and RX on there site and thats the closest place to me

·
Registered
580 Posts
You're not going to get many answers to your question. Here's why:

I own and race an RX. I had to special order it. As far as I'm aware it's one of less than four in the country. I know where two are: One is in my garage, the other is for sale at TT's Motorsports. It's a lightweight class RX. I heard a rumor about someone in California owning one but that's about it. A lot of places list GRC products on their websites. The fact is that few to none have any in stock, they're severely backordered on everything. If you have the cash, buy it now because it won't be there long and who knows when more will arrive? I waited for 3 months for a replacement windshield for mine!

The RX is a mini, it's noticeably smaller than the midi sized RR. I'm one of the few American racers that prefers minis. I'm one of even fewer that is 6'0 and prefers minis. The only problems I've had with my bike since I took posession in early March were self-inflicted. It runs like a top, it's one of the most reliable bikes in our club. It's nothing like the maintenance nightmare that is a go-ped or Chinese bike. Italian bikes, and especially my bike are worth every penny we pay for them. There is no comparison.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gopeds are maintanence nightmeres? if it is chinese that you mean then yes but the ones from

the goped company are like the italian bikes of the goped world. ive had my goped 3 years and not one prob my friend has had 1 for 6 years and still he has never run into a prob there is barely any maintanence with a goped from
the goped company, these engines{g23lh} can take more damage than any pocket bike engine and are alot easier to repair and cheaper

and is it easier to find a GRC RR or is it just as hard to find? sorry about the goped thing i just had to say it, thanks for your help

·
Registered
580 Posts
GRC's are hard to get your hands on. The RX is harder to find than the RR, but that's not saying much because they seem to always be backordered. If you absolutely have to have an RX, I know for a fact TT's Motorsports has one. I'd bet a lot of money that it's the only one for sale in the country right now. I'd bet even more money that it's going to be another 3+ months to get any more. I think they waited something like 6 months for this second one.

My apologies on the go-ped comment. You've had a very different experience with them than I have. :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
elo said:
My apologies on the go-ped comment. You've had a very different experience
with them than I have. :)
Elo, no apology needed. Your comments were well in line. I agree, in fact. Half the time my Xped which was 2 months old didn't feel like running because the spindle had issues. I mean, the Chinese came out with better scooters for God's sake! I've owned and raced Go-peds for a few years and after it all got boring I left he scene and came to pocketbikes. Now i have a Cag and a special bike coming in the mail which I can't mention here just yet. Yes it's a FAST bike. ;)

In any case, i'm not directing any of this at you Gopeder123 but Go-peds are not exactly comparable to GRCs or pocketbikes for that matter. That's just my take on this however.

Good luck finding an RX because as you are now informed, it's going to take some looking ofr and waiting. Why do you want the RX anyways? If this is your first pocketbike, why not settle for a Polini 6.2hp or a 4.2hp bike? You sure you want to jump on something that powerful right away?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vbp6us said:
Good luck finding an RX because as you are now informed, it's going to take some looking ofr and waiting. Why do you want the RX anyways? If this is your first pocketbike, why not settle for a Polini 6.2hp or a 4.2hp bike? You sure you want to jump on something that powerful right away?
i was thinkin the polini 910 carrena "S" they are very nice bikes and cheaper ($1200-1300)than the RX , the RX is my dream bike but its way to expensive for a 4.2 and to hard to find parts and i think cags and 2.5's are to slow for me,
(cags and 2.5's still pretty fast) ive beat a couple {stock} with my goped. sorry about the goped thing:)

not my bike but i like the overall look and color and (i coulnt find another pic on the internet) and it should preform good and have quick
accel

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
You're aware that GRC puts Polini motors in most of their bikes, right?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hotscoots said:
http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=965

Buddy (PropedderKustoms) has one for sale .
That's an RR, not an RX.

123, acceleration is going to be similar from one make to the next because they use the same motors. The 910 4.2 comes stock as a true 4.2, complete with the small neck exhaust pipe that makes it legal for competition in Europe. The RX "4.2" stock is faster than a stock 910 (in a straight line) because the exhaust is not similarly restricted.

With all other things being equal, what you need to research is the handling of these bikes. Each is different due to their frames, brakes, rims etc.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i know its an RR it says it on the side but still a nice bike:thumbsup: :D

thanks for the info on the bikes :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Taking The Plunge

THINKING OF ORDERING A NEW 15 HP REPLICA MIDI RR THIS WEEK? HOW LONG IS THE TURN AROUND ON THESE BIKES?DO I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH TO RECIEVE IT? AND HOW FAST CAN I EXPECT IT TO RUN? CAN I BE THE FASTEST GUY IN NEIGHBORHOOD? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts