Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been reading many posts off this site recently and decided to go ahead and make an account for you have some questions.
I am new to the whole Pocket bike world, but I am very interested.
I bought what i presume to be an X7 110cc Pocket bike. It is a kick start and the only thing that was missing was the key.
Once i bought the key I figured all is well and i would be able to enjoy my bike.
First off, i replaced my engine oil with a synthetic blend of 10-w40 motor oil.
I also figured since its a 110cc i could use 87 octane rated gas.
I've gotten the bike to run but it took me about 15 kicks for it to finally start.
My Fuel line began to leak, looks like the previous owner put a metric nipple insert, on the bottom of the fuel tank, (which is a standard thread hex nut.)
So I ordered a new fuel tank and line.
My problem is that I can't seem to start my bike without kick starting it about 25 times... I hear the gears spin but no ignition.. I have no battery but since its a kickstart i figured it does not matter.
I was wondering if I could spray starter fluid into the carburetor for a smoother start? Im honestly lost at this point, maybe i should adjust the idle screw? Any suggestions? ill post a couple pics.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, i think you had to try starting the bike with the electric start and see the outcome. If the bike makes start up noise. The battery is good. If the bike makes clicking noise, the battery is dead and needs to be replaced.
Something you can do is clean the carburator and check the battery to see if its dead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts