Pocketbike Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I am going to get this reed box for my cag, my question is ; do you think the header (circled in red) would be better than just bolting on the existing dellorto rep header? Del rep comes out square, this one ,round. Because the kit can also comes without the header ..I also just bought a boost bottle kit. ( drilled dellorto rep header included) so is it worth me getting the kit with the header and drilling it myself to put the boost bottle? Will i be restricted if i put the dellorto header on the round entrance of the box? Would i even notice a difference? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am going to give you some crap right off the bat because you keep calling the intake a header. Must be a Canadian thing. LOL all jokes aside. You can modify any intake you want. Just depends how much money you want to spend. You can drill and tap any intake you want and is it worth it? Only you could tell us that. I have pre tapped ones that were given to me and I have tapped my own. Let me tell you I kind of like the pre tapped ones.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How much money do they want?? Three gaskets, 1 goes under the box between the cases, 2 goes on top, the the V goes in the hole and a gasket on it back side. That Manifold is for a Dell SHA 14mm carb.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would not waste your money, but since you have a thick wallet you can buy it without the manifold go to pocketbikeparts in Florida get the $18 Cag alum addaptor manifold for a 16mm pumper carb, A Walbro or clone carb will bolt right up. I bored on to 19mm and bolted a Walbro 19mm HDA223B pumper carb. I bored one to 20mm for a 21/20mm used on a Boss Hog 2 stroke chop saw. want to buy it, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much money do they want?? Three gaskets, 1 goes under the box between the cases, 2 goes on top, the the V goes in the hole and a gasket on it back side. That Manifold is for a Dell SHA 14mm carb.
That is what i have ( dell sha 14mm rep

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mostly wondering for the shape of the opening ( motor side) of the intake manifold! Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would not waste your money, but since you have a thick wallet you can buy it without the manifold go to pocketbikeparts in Florida get the $18 Cag alum addaptor manifold for a 16mm pumper carb, A Walbro or clone carb will bolt right up. I bored on to 19mm and bolted a Walbro 19mm HDA223B pumper carb. I bored one to 20mm for a 21/20mm used on a Boss Hog 2 stroke chop saw. want to buy it, lol.
But why would i get a 16mm adaptor if i have a 19mm dell carb?? Am i better off getting the walbro hda223b? I have a dell 14/12 replica right now (never used) should i return it for the pumper carb?

·
Registered
262 Posts
A real 19 Dell or a China clone, I have a couple of new clones here that I was stupid enough to buy. There is no manifold for that carb on a Cag engine or any manifold, even the alum pumper. Your trying to put 19mm Euro style racing carb and manifold on a Cag. its to big and not designed for a Cag. Search the posts, I answered a guy today I told to buy this kit he showed online on his post, go find it, $22, has everything you need 15mm clone WKY902 walbro pumper carb, manifold, gaskets, V-stack and one air filter, and you throttle cable will slip right, and you will be a Happy Camper.
If you use the 14/14 on a stock Cag throttle is too short will have get more free cable.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Let's put this in perspective...
I have a 19mm carburetor on my 150cc 4-stroke dirt bike! I have zero tuning issues... I take my dirt bike up in the woods it has plenty of power. I believe the Piston is 56.5 mm

·
Registered
262 Posts
You need a 25mm dirt bike carb or 26mm Mikuni or maybe even a 28mm Power jet carb and new intake and adapter manifold. I have both in my storage room, you can look on eBay. Can't compare 2 stroke to 4 stroke exhaust. On four strokes you need 3 or 4 feet of pipe slashed or a glass pack, for a 1 cyld if more you make a header with the same length pipes bent to fit the header.

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
You need a 25mm dirt bike carb or 26mm Mikuni or maybe even a 28mm Power jet carb and new intake and adapter manifold. I have both in my storage room, you can look on eBay. Can't compare 2 stroke to 4 stroke exhaust. On four strokes you need 3 or 4 feet of pipe slashed or a glass pack, for a 1 cyld if more you make a header with the same length pipes bent to fit the header.
I had this mikuni on there before it was a tad too big when I would whack the throttle open it would kind of bog down a bit dropping down to a smaller carburetor gave me that instant torque that I was looking for

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a 25mm clone dirt bike carb on my 110cc, but it has the big valve head 25/23, stock is 23/20, and I modified the exhaust and put an HP CDI and coil. Looks like a 26mm, what is the ID of the rear probably oblong. Sounds like your not getting enough gas, what size is your main jet and pilot jet. If it starts and idles good try a bigger main jet, see if it goes better, its hit and miss, but the 26 should work on a 150cc. Sure that's not a 28mm??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let's put this in perspective...
I have a 19mm carburetor on my 150cc 4-stroke dirt bike! I have zero tuning issues... I take my dirt bike up in the woods it has plenty of power. I believe the Piston is 56.5 mm
I feel like we are miss understanding each other maybe.. i’m pretty sure i have a 14:14 replica though it may be a 14:12 . It doesnt say. But i feel like maybe a pumper carb would be better for the off idle response. Walbro models seem super complicated going from wyk to wt to hda i have no clue what all these numbers mean i terms of model number.. im going to be running some pretty heavy mods on it so i just want the biggest one that will work and give the best throttle response..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah things got a little crazy, you could use that replica carb. Try it out see how you like it. If you don't here's a setup I have bought before by recommendation.

Or if you don't want to do the dual fuel line and drill the top of your tank for the fuel lines, then you can use the single inlet carb.

And you will still need an intake.

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Yeah things got a little crazy, you could use that replica carb. Try it out see how you like it. If you don't here's a setup I have bought before by recommendation.

Or if you don't want to do the dual fuel line and drill the top of your tank for the fuel lines, then you can use the single inlet carb.

There is no need to return line into the tank you can just T it back into the fuel line everyone keeps overcomplicating the return line i just get a vacuum T from the auto parts store.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

And so this setup would be preferable over say the del 14/12 replica setup? I have bought many things to go with this dell so ill have to return and re buy all the air filter stuff.. happy to be avle to add a v stack on the wal rep though.. will have to return uni air filter, dell rep carb, try returning on AliExpress and boost bottle adaptor now useless ... oh well we all make mistakes right? Loll

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can always try it out. It is just easier with the pumpers, not mandatory.
I had a few of those 14/14 rep carbs, I personally didn't like them. To each is own.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.