Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first for free from a buddy.its a cat eye with no plastics, wires or anything. I got it to start and already tore it apart and painted the frame and swing arm.I'm gonna go with a rat rod look, I do have a few questions. First I would like to keep the electric start...how do I wire that up? Then I need a headlight and taillight how do I wire that up? Thing didnt even come with a gas tank. Any best ways to do this would be awesome, Im thinkimg about using a momentary switch for the starter, toggle for the lights, and toggle for the kill switch,

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Ya, you might be able to start it without that harness and solenoid but the lights will take a bit of wiring. I'd suggest finding a harness..

But, everything you need to know to get it right is on this site somewhere. The search engine is key..

Negative to the frame or engine case and Positive to the wire coming out of the starter will tell you if that starter works. When its stopped it will turn the starter and when its running it should be pushing 13 volts or so.. You can go from there! The electronics are not fun!

Good Luck!

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Just got my first for free from a buddy.its a cat eye with no plastics, wires or anything. I got it to start and already tore it apart and painted the frame and swing arm.I'm gonna go with a rat rod look, I do have a few questions. First I would like to keep the electric start...how do I wire that up? Then I need a headlight and taillight how do I wire that up? Thing didnt even come with a gas tank. Any best ways to do this would be awesome, Im thinkimg about using a momentary switch for the starter, toggle for the lights, and toggle for the kill switch,
Youre gonna need a starter solenoid and rectifier aswell as a 15 amp momentary contact switch if your starter buttons gone.........

The starter becomes the alternator when the engines running....wiring up the rectifier isnt hard........its only 4 wires...one wires an input two are grounds and the last power wire goes to charge the battery

After that make a small simple headlight/taillioght haeness that has a fuse and attach it to the battery direct.............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.