Pocketbike Forum banner

hello everyone. i got 5 x22's all in parts..

4K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  ihelpfull 
#1 ·
soo i bought about 5 x22 or x18 or x 19 x something idk. (different style bikes but they all have same motor) bikes in parts.. all of them are missing ignition coils, most of them crank but i dont really know if it will start.. i was wondering if i can get some help, im not sure where to plug up the fuel lines and there is a fuel pump ? ill take some more pictures to tell yall what im trying to figure out tomorrow.

im just trying to get at least 2 bikes running and ill be happy. i dont care for all the other stuff like (gauges or lights) i just want the engine to start and breaks working. think yall can help me by pass all the other unneeded stuff? sorry for the bad English

thanks for looking! and this is for my summer project. for whoever was wondering how much i got my bikes for.. i got all 5 for 200$

#3 · (Edited)
i was wondering how do you connect the fuel pump (or is it a oil cooler?)? it seems like there is a plug that goes into the exhaust line? and another question. when you start the bike with electricity, volts goes into the cdi from the magneto, then leave to the ignition coil, i was wondering do you guys know how much volts it gives off when going to ignition coil? (or does it even matter how much volts..) im trying to make sure my cdi works before i buy a new one..

once i get 1 bike running then i can get the others up and running by myself

#9 ·
its easy to hook up your bike 'race style'
unless you got motor that is auto or no kickstart, then you are fubar

Attachments

#10 ·
The only thing I can tell you about the (plug) that goes into the exhaust line is these bikes or some of them had emissions that a rectangular piece went onto the header pipe for emmisions and a tube went from that to atmosphere it just sucks in air to mix with the exhaust to lower emissions
Hope this clears up that question for u

#11 ·
after a trip to the mini bike store i got most of the info down.. and i got my first bike runnning, but there is one problem with it atm, the carburetor keeps leaking fuel from the overflow line and where the floater line is (it has a hole where the intake goes) any clues on what i should do? and something really bad happened..

a big puttle of oil leaked out onto the concrete.. im fawked

#12 ·
but there is one problem with it atm, the carburetor keeps leaking fuel from the overflow line and where the floater line is (it has a hole where the intake goes) any clues on what i should do? and something really bad happened..

a big puttle of oil leaked out onto the concrete.. im fawked

Sounds like the float is stuck or the needle it pushes up on my be jammed up with gunk.

But maybe you could just need fuel lines?

I am not 100% sure quite yet...

Nicholas.

#18 ·
id say all motors leak, you need to determine if its bad enough to go through the trouble of fixing it, i could type a book on my personal experiances but ill just say that as long as its away from my rear tire and breaks, i might live with it
my drain plug leaked till i teflon taped it

#22 ·
im gonna say that the right circle is the gas inlet from the tank
the screw with the spring is the idle, and the other screw is the air/fuel screw
the circle of the left looks like some bullpoopie emissions so it would be safe to just plug that up so its air tight

#29 ·
forget the vacuum line, hook the inlet up right, leave the bottom nipple with nothing
if it leaks then the float may be stuck, tap on the side and see if it stops

#30 · (Edited)
We're working on the same bike together and on the carb there is 2 nipples total. The one on the opposite side (not seen in the pictures) is where we have been plugging in the inlet for gas. We took the bowl off and plugged the gas line to the nipple and gas just comes spewing out the vent line. There is also a screw near the nipple as well. What does it do? If we needed vacuum line could we just use the line from the left circle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.