Pocketbike Forum banner

Hello Fellow PBPer's

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  iFerret 
#1 ·
Well, I've never got the chance to properly introduce myself and just starting lurking the forum for information. I think now would be a good time to do so. Better late than never. :thumbsup:

I'm 32 from Ca and have always been wanting one of these since 03-04 but never really got around to actually picking one up till I recently found this one on craigslist for $75. For that price, I knew it needed work and I was hesitant about buying it being I know nothing about these things. But since the price was too good to pass up I called and went to check it out. When I got there the seller said, "give me $40 and take the thing". I couldn't turn down such a great deal on this bike so I hauled it away. At the time of purchase, I wasn't even sure what type of bike I had or what I needed to get it back on the road again.

Upon lurking these forums and reading more info on this bike online I found out it was a x15 super pocket bike 110cc 4 spd manual.

Also troubleshooting this bike I found out it needed very minor work to it since it had no spark and a dead battery. The engine was good, tires were good, chain needed to be lube and that was it.

All in all I'm very happy with the buy and outcome.

Complete x15 Bike (with all fairings) - $40
Battery Charger, stator, igition coil, spark plugs, lubes etc..etc.. ~ $80
Paid a friend of mine for his time to come and help with the bike $40

There were times, I was getting pretty upset due to the fact that after replacing all the parts I bought, it still wasn't starting.... I was about to give up and just sell the **** thing and buy one that was already running. But patience paid off and now this thing fires up very nice. Idle was smooth, engine was purring like how it should.

Here are 2 pictures I took of the bike when I first got it. I did a quick 15 sec recording session with my iphone when I fired up the bike but have the slightest idea on how to post up videos on here. The lower fairings needs replacing but I'll get to that later on as it doesn't bother me.

I'm planning on just enjoying this little toy for the time being as it is..then maybe in the near future extend the rear swing arms, beefing up the suspensions a bit and a big bore kit.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks!! patience is a virtue! many times I thought about just sucking it up and paying full price on a new one but I just couldn't see myself forking up $700 for one. this one came at the perfect time. I plan on sticking around for awhile till I get bored and move onto something else.

These bike can do that to you. There a pain sometimes, but the 2 strokes are worse trouble. Wait till you get to ride it. I have an X18.
yeah, I had a few silent moments (cause cursing wasn't helping) just sitting there in my garage at 2am in the morning trying to figure this bike out.

#7 ·
Yeah yeah nice bike, but WHAT ABOUT THAT M3?!?!?!? tell me that's not your daily driver! please! :mad:

Welcome to the forum! and I'm still drooling looking at the BMW!!! :p:thumbsup:
Thanks Nick!! And no the M3 is not my daily driver. I've got a beat up car for that matter.

May I have a shot at your car? 335ci carbon fiber lip, probably some Dinan thrown in?
Sure, here's 1! it's an M3, not 335 btw. I'm personally not a fan of Dinan parts not that I have anything against them. They do have quality parts and the prices are very competive.

#9 ·
^^ i'm suprised working at a BMW dealer, none has ever shown itself. It is rare to see a hardtop conv M3 though. Most owner's usually have them off so they could drop the top. Mine is basically on year round as I have no one to help w/ the removal and I don't like calling my friends over just to help me remove the top.

I've thought about changing over to a 335 too, but to me it's still not an ///M.

#11 · (Edited)
Do NOT do it, your car is as Sweet as a dream! M's are amazing, what about one of the little M-coupes Those are pretty sweet, I've seen one doing amazing drifts around a parking lot!
Those M Coupes are sweet. In fact it was my 2nd option if I couldn't find this model in white. But finding any white M series is pretty hard now a days. Don't know why but I have a soft spot for white cars. All 3 of my cars are white. As a matter of fact, i'm thinking of painting my PB white on gold wheels. Wonder how that would turn out???

#12 ·
It's weird because I have seen 760s, M6s, X5Ms, X6Ms, 1 series Ms, Z8s, Z4M Roadster but never that. lol. IMO, if you are looking to get a 1 series M, DO NOT DO IT. Get a 135 then M pachage it. Its the same motor and mods but not many people know that. It will save you alot of cash in the long run. Also, have you concidered a M3 Competition package? Carbon fiber roof, SMG clutch which is hella sweet and is the fastest shifter in the world, its a coupe though.

#13 ·
IMHO, for some reason I never really liked the looks of the 1 series. Ive thought about the ZCP (Comp package) coupes but I really don't see a need having two e46 M3's, unless I find one in immaculate condition, white or IB and very reasonably priced, which I doubt. Reason for the vert was cause of the southern CA weather being so nice mostly throughout the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.