Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G-day. I might be a little older to be just starting out with these, but whatever. Anyways, i picked up a couple bikes a while back for cheap, and have been lurking around hear for a while picking up some of the lingo before i posted. The first one i got was the dirtbike. My boys (1 and 2 years old) love it, it has just enough power to tow me with one of them between my legs. The other is a cag crotch rocket. It has the zh-1 jug which I believe has bigger ports. I was surprised when I got it, what a difference in power compared to the dirtbike. Two questions I did have are for parts I can't seem to find. One, can you get lower gears for the dirtbike chaincases? I don't need any top end on it really, a little more takeoff would be nice. The second question is about the pipe. I know just enough about two strokes to know that the bubble thing on there isn't doing squat. Does anyone make a performance pipe for these?

Cheers,
Dave

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the exhaust, that's the exspansion chamber, need a good one to run right. The dirt bikes is probably heavier, so less power to the ground. Try online at PBParts in Florida, they have parts for both your bikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, I know all about expansion chambers and two stroke exhaust tuning, it just doesn't look like a very good design. It's just a bubble in the middle of a straight pipe more or less.

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
G-day. I might be a little older to be just starting out with these, but whatever. Anyways, i picked up a couple bikes a while back for cheap, and have been lurking around hear for a while picking up some of the lingo before i posted. The first one i got was the dirtbike. My boys (1 and 2 years old) love it, it has just enough power to tow me with one of them between my legs. The other is a cag crotch rocket. It has the zh-1 jug which I believe has bigger ports. I was surprised when I got it, what a difference in power compared to the dirtbike. Two questions I did have are for parts I can't seem to find. One, can you get lower gears for the dirtbike chaincases? I don't need any top end on it really, a little more takeoff would be nice. The second question is about the pipe. I know just enough about two strokes to know that the bubble thing on there isn't doing squat. Does anyone make a performance pipe for these?

Cheers,
Dave
no prob with the age i got into these when i was 30 lol i have had big bikes dirt bikes quads ect my whole life tho

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Welcome to the planet...Theres a bunch of homebrew mods to double the power of those bikes to get a way better takeoff....Theres plenty of info here for ya with-in this site on what mods and how to accomplish them,,,Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts