Pocketbike Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome aboard. Is that the bike you want to own?? Look for a used one that don't run for $40, then we will work on it. Most of the time its a dirty carb. Wow Ferrari Red, love it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is that the gutless 40cc four stroke, 1.5hp?? For a while it was a 33cc two stroke engine. Two strokes are outlawed now in the US, except for chainsaws and stuff like that. Still plenty of parts and engines for the A1 & A2 Cag.

·
Super Moderator
2,685 Posts
The new bikes with the little 4 stroke is basically for little kids if you put a full size adult on them the engine will quickly over heat and burn up...

You can get a CAG with a blown engine for about 40$ then buy a new engine off eBay for 60$

Keep in mind body parts are expensive so try to find one in good aesthetic condition.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, But you failed to mention wheels and exhaust are expensive as well. One of my bikes was missing a wheel and exhaust and a brand new wheel and tire was about $60 and the exhaust was $30. It’s best to find the most complete roller as possible

·
Super Moderator
2,685 Posts
Yes, But you failed to mention wheels and exhaust are expensive as well. One of my bikes was missing a wheel and exhaust and a brand new wheel and tire was about $60 and the exhaust was $30. It’s best to find the most complete roller as possible
you can get those parts used if you look in the parts wanted section you can post up an ad of the parts you're looking for...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you can get those parts used if you look in the parts wanted section you can post up an ad of the parts you're looking for...
Ha! Not here. Been looking for years. About 3 to be exact. NOTHING around here. You must live in a well offered area.
Only used bikes, not running, $200 plus. I know engine parts and engines are cheap, body parts,wheels, exhaust, all NOT cheap. Nothing used in my area. I even was trying to sell a used engine. Never sold. No one in my area wants to work on used items.
I am the only one selling old parts, decided I will keep them. Hopefully spring will show a few items for sale.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and shipping through a forum....no, shipping is too much. I can buy new for the same amount as used

·
Registered
519 Posts
I still have alot of bikes for sale along with performance parts. The truth is that no one is buying and anyone showing interest wants to nickle and dime you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still have alot of bikes for sale along with performance parts. The truth is that no one is buying and anyone showing interest wants to nickle and dime you.
If its parts I would agree with you. But complete bikes in my area sell for very well. Upwards of $400 for two strokes . And that’s stock, no mods, you must live in a dead zone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.