Pocketbike Forum banner

Help! Apache ATV from minipocketrocket not working :(

4K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  EPR 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I recently bought an Apache ATV from minipocketrocket.com. And I received it this week. After assembling and starting, it barely works. What happens is that we attempt to start it, and 80% of the time it doesn't start but when it does it shuts back down after a few minutes, and it's really frustrating. I posted a video with a demo of the problem on youtube, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz2lDCdjKAw&list=UUE2Z370yBlDRO4mzxxmXpYw&index=1&feature=plcp

I really hope anyone knows what the problem is, because I just got it and it's not working and it's very saddening :(

Thanks in advance!

#2 · (Edited)
I bought 3 bikes from them a few years ago. They have a 60 day warranty. Call them or email them and tell them what the problem is. Sounds like the carb is not working right. If it sat in a wherehouse for months the metal inside the float bowl can turn to powder and stuff and clog your idle and main jet.
These bikes are made in China, with poor workmanship. Have to work on some of them to get it working right. The fuel lines are bad and harden and pieces break off inside and can clog the jets.
I would call MPR and talk to them right away. Tell them how it runs, see what they say and that you think the carb is defective and ask for a new one. they sent me a whole body side when it came damaged its was for my X18R Nitro which they sell. If they give you a Bad Time, tell them you will call Visa, I hope you charged it on a Card. Even if your paying cash charge it, pay it off w/ no interest when they bill you. I did, after Visa was thru I have to sign a form from them saying I would not take them to court to get my parts.

#3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply! That's really smart! Yes we charged on a card and my brother said we can open a dispute so if they can't do anything we'll open a dispute against them. What I did was I charged the battery after disconnecting it from the ATV, and now when I try to start the ATV it doesn't sound like it's dying, but when I try to start it the starter keeps going but it doesn't start the ATV 90% of the time. And when it does 10% of the time, it shuts off after 3-4 minutes :(

#4 · (Edited)
I was shocked when I got the first of 8 bikes and the body was broken from UPS. My X18 is a 4 speed manual transmission. I want the Scorpion ATV w/ 125cc and reverse. The 110cc ( 107cc ), Honda clone engine is not to bad but the carbs and some other stuff need some work or adjusting. Soon you will be looking for ways to improve the ATV. Mine will run with out a battery because of the kickstart. It makes it own power and runs the CDI ignition. I would go over the whole bike, bolts get left loose or missing or something is broken. The Al Gore EPA rules have made them put restricters and all kinds off stuff, especially the 2 stroke.

#5 ·
I was shocked when I got the first of 8 bikes and the body was broken from UPS. My X18 is a 4 speed manual transmission. I want the Scorpion ATV w/ 125cc and reverse. The 110cc ( 107cc ), Honda clone engine is not to bad but the carbs and some other stuff need some work or adjusting. Soon you will be looking for ways to improve the ATV. Mine will run with out a battery because of the kickstart. It makes it own power and runs the CDI ignition. I would go over the whole bike, bolts get left loose or missing or something is broken. The Al Gore EPA rules have made then put restricters and all kinds off stuff, especially the 2 stroke.
Dang, I'd be really ****ed if it came broken too. Hahah, I hope so, I'm just trying to hope that it just works and runs smoothly and all right now. Dude, that's insane! I hope I become just like you later on, hahah :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.