Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 43cc, cag pocket bike .... my friend is telling me and I quote "no bottom bearing in the goose neck which is causing extreme play in the fork assembly"... I have a vid of of this to show that explanation of "play"... however, Im being told by the company this is normal???

MY best explanation is this... its metal resting on metal unlike the top where there is rubber separating... the screw is on so tight it's going to strip & can fix BUT ... is this indeed a normal assembly for this bike.... :confused:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
No its not, they buy them in lots packaged already and sell them too you from a wherehouse. The make money off the parts, that most people charge you many times what they cost in China.
I laughed at the auto dealer when he told me labor was $120 an hour,lol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes it definitely looks like your missing the lower bearing in the "goose-neck" = the column through which the bolt passes to attach the front forks.

There should a top bearing, a steel tube, a bottom bearing inside the gooseneck.

The bolt passes through all 3 of these and the forks. There may also be washers in a few places eg. mine has one between the top fork holder and the goose neck and one between the bottom of the goose neck and the second fork holder.

Sounds a bit confusing but if someone else doesn't upload a couple of images showing this before I get home I'll shoot up a couple from a bike I'm working on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts