Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a cag MTA1 half fairing. I am wanting to replace the engine in it with a new one, as i've been having tons of issues with it running. I got it used, so I have no idea if the thing ran correctly to begin with.

Could someone please help me to go in the right direction for purchasing a new one? I've seen so many of the same ones online to order and so many different reviews and prices for the same engine. I was looking an amazon. Does anyone have any experience with any of them on amazon? I'm wanting something decent that im not going to have issues with to start with.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Hello,

I have a cag MTA1 half fairing. I am wanting to replace the engine in it with a new one, as i've been having tons of issues with it running. I got it used, so I have no idea if the thing ran correctly to begin with.

Could someone please help me to go in the right direction for purchasing a new one? I've seen so many of the same ones online to order and so many different reviews and prices for the same engine. I was looking an amazon. Does anyone have any experience with any of them on amazon? I'm wanting something decent that im not going to have issues with to start with.

Thanks in advance.
The thing is is the engine is all the same...

If you buy a pre-modded engine plan on having a lot of problems.

If you buy a stock engine and break it in properly you will have a lot less problems.

Not saying that you won't have problems because you will have problems and that's the nature of pocket biking.

Try to find one that has the aluminum pull starter if you don't have any extra pull starters go ahead and buy an extra one. I recommend buying an extra clutch as well.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
That was great advice. I've bought a few engines brand new off eBay, in the $50 range. They're usually cheaper in the winter, you might find some for about $60 as well. Like Kitty said find one with the metal pawl, and I like to try to get one with an HP filter and if possible the clutch sprocket support.
But no matter what, you need to pull it apart a little bit and make sure there's no metal inside or rust. One of my engines had rust on the crank. First one that I ever saw like that even with my friends buying a ton of them. It would take work and like kitty said break it in properly and you'll have a perfect engine that you can build on after you break it in.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
Just type 47cc engine in eBay. You will find a ton. One thing you need to read on his make sure you get one with a 25H sprocket not be T8F sprocket. You could also find one with a 6tooth for a stock setup or get the 7 tooth after you do some work to it for better top speed, the clutch Bell sprocket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts