1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ill try n make this as short and simple as possible,
Goal: 13-15hp+ Build
I want to have trouble keeping the front wheel off the ground,
Here are my options to date ( i currently own a near mint polini 910 4.2) : prices are in cad

first option was to mod the crap out of my 4.2
but parts are pricy and hard to find.

-1000$
Blata elite 14 , lil bit cracker in the rear ,( wonder why 😈)
Comes with extra head rims and tires clutch

Fuel tank Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel

-1200$
Bms p2 , has rest of fairings, with extra clutch and race tires.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

-600$
Same Bms p2 rolling chassis. And then buy an engine , water pump, rad setup…
-1000$
Polini 911 w/c in decent shape. Will sell spair parts and include all original fairings.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

-4000$
fully built grc rr
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

-5000$ fully built dm repainted to the color i want its listed at 2k but for somw reason now wants 5k in chat..
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

-250$
c1 engine with rad and pump .
-400$
C1 Claimed 50cc but not confirmed missing most fairings and many parts U handlebar
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

-500$
C1 rough rear but not so bad. Rest is clean . Ugly U handlebar
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

500$
z1 ( zpf replica ) supposed 6port bzm head ( (seller is a tool)
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Wheel Motor vehicle

550$
G2 ( grc rr replica)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
Polini 911 6.2 WC ,2 polini 910s 4.2 , pasini 4.2, blata 2.5, blata elite , lucky 7 , metmachex rt2
14 Posts
I'm not an expert but I would go for the blata or p2 personally. Both are nice bikes. They would both probably need new engines though to reach your target power.
The polini looks like a rep to me and the RR is obviously the best bike but way too overpriced.
We buy them in England for 500-750£!! Maybe find one here and get it shipped?
If you get the p2 perhaps sell the polini you have and use the money to source a bzm iame or cs WC engine, water pump, rad etc for the BMS. Then ship the parts from Europe?
Don't buy any of the reps whatever you do. Not worth the headache.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not an expert but I would go for the blata or p2 personally. Both are nice bikes. They would both probably need new engines though to reach your target power.
The polini looks like a rep to me and the RR is obviously the best bike but way too overpriced.
If you get the p2 perhaps sell the polini you have and use the money to source a bzm iame or cs WC engine, water pump, rad etc for the BMS. Then ship the parts from Europe?
Hey thanks! This is exactly the kind of answer i was looking for :) my only problem with that is making the whole water pump setup work; when i look at motors like the cs m50 or the ghr 50s they dont have a pulley on the clutch bell for a water pump wich means id either have to buy a rear rim with pulley or get a clutch bell with pulley, im a huge w/c noob tbh lol anyway thanks for your input.
Im having a really hard time figuring out what aftermarket engines fit what bikes. I dont want to weld anything on these euro bike frames.
About that 911 I also thought it was a rep but 911s arents badged on the side like 910s the rest js too blurry to tell , guy sais its badged everywhere so he’d look pretty dumb if i show up and theres nothing haha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would most definitely be interested in importing a bike but i dont know how legal it is , i would have to get the roller and to motor separately or something for it to be possible . Wich could still be done. If you find something worth while feel free to pm me!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Get the BMS. the prices on the DM and GRC RR are ridiculous. Both of those bikes are 2005-2007 models and are worth about 700USD. Then hop onto facebook on one of the italian mini moto pages and you can find a 50cc BZM motor for around 3-400 euros. My DM has a 50cc bzm motor and its not fun to mess around with at a parking lot. Too much power, But it shines at a go kart track.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get the BMS. the prices on the DM and GRC RR are ridiculous. Both of those bikes are 2005-2007 models and are worth about 700USD. Then hop onto facebook on one of the italian mini moto pages and you can find a 50cc BZM motor for around 3-400 euros. My DM has a 50cc bzm motor and its not fun to mess around with at a parking lot. Too much power, But it shines at a go kart track.
Great idea bud thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think the 911 is a replica so I wouldn't recommend it, also the other replicas you should not buy when you want to ride and not to work on the bikes.
The grc and DM are far away from a normal price. The bms is in a normal price range and a good bike. The elite is a very small bike and to expensive I would say.

I can offer you a blata elite 40cc wc for 500€ + shipping. Maybe for 400€ I have to ask a friend when you're interested. But there you must make a revision at the engine.
He also have a elite with 50cc bzm factory engine for about 1000€.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the 911 is a replica so I wouldn't recommend it, also the other replicas you should not buy when you want to ride and not to work on the bikes.
The grc and DM are far away from a normal price. The bms is in a normal price range and a good bike. The elite is a very small bike and to expensive I would say.

I can offer you a blata elite 40cc wc for 500€ + shipping. Maybe for 400€ I have to ask a friend when you're interested. But there you must make a revision at the engine.
He also have a elite with 50cc bzm factory engine for about 1000€.
Hey Chrisi always appreciate your input, the guy with the polini said it is badged everywhere, so say it was a real one would it be good or do you still think the bms would be the better choice,
Keep in mind 600$ is just a roller no pump,rad
Extra 600$ for a polini a/c 6.2 extra clutch etc.
I dunno why people with reps say they get 100kmh
Thats all i really want ..that and power. Who doesnt ?
That said getting the bms p2 roller would be like starting from square one motor wise so i might as well use the carena 4.2 chassis i already have no?
blata is 1000 with w/c engine and a lot of extra parts , they guy selling is reputed and raced alot i am confident in the motor’s state. Please give more input! And yes i am interested in all offers :) happy holiday

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
Hey Chrisi always appreciate your input, the guy with the polini said it is badged everywhere, so say it was a real one would it be good or do you still think the bms would be the better choice,
Keep in mind 600$ is just a roller no pump,rad
Extra 600$ for a polini a/c 6.2 extra clutch etc.
I dunno why people with reps say they get 100kmh
Thats all i really want ..that and power. Who doesnt ?
That said getting the bms p2 roller would be like starting from square one motor wise so i might as well use the carena 4.2 chassis i already have no?
blata is 1000 with w/c engine and a lot of extra parts , they guy selling is reputed and raced alot i am confident in the motor’s state. Please give more input! And yes i am interested in all offers :) happy holiday
Lol you mean 75kmh proven top speed on a rep bike to go 60mph you need about 13.5 HP maybe a bit more rep bikes have about 7HP stock to get the power you want your going to need a serious BZM team bike engine or something like that...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol you mean 75kmh proven top speed on a rep bike to go 60mph you need about 13.5 HP maybe a bit more rep bikes have about 7HP stock to get the power you want your going to need a serious BZM team bike engine or something like that...
I mean with different gearing and crappy accel i guess its possible.
Heres a noob question for ya lol
I thought it was max rpm that determines max speed and hp being how fast you get to that speed . More or less, my thoughts behind that being that most bikes dont go over a certain speed but the accel changes a lot so even if i had 6.3 hp but an engine tha revs the 16k rpm , the max speed would be there . But the accel would be less . Amirite?

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
The problem is the power to weight ratio goes up exponentially the faster you go do to wind resistance and friction with the road there are other factors that we don't really need to get into but basically gearing alone will never get you there and the clutch will never hold to bring you to speed.

The other problem is there's torsional stresses on the frame that you're not understanding at those kinds of speeds and you wouldn't be able to expect China steal and welds to hold up

Maybe you can tow the rep bike up to speed with a supper moto or something and then call it IDK 😂 but the short answer is no a rep bike definitely will never have enough horsepower to weight ratio to be able to carry you up to those kinds of speeds even with nitrous.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,182 Posts
I remember reading on here, believe it was CAM2 who crashed above 60mph because the neck of the bike broke. Broke his neck if I remember correctly. It was I think a Blata 2.5 frame. Definitely too much speed.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
CAM2 the bike put him in a halo for a few months
Nipples another member had his frame crack in the center
And I have seen quite a few other about to happen major accidents with fork deflections and other issues with torsional stresses that have stopped speedrunners dead in their tracks.

Anything over 48MPH on a Sub 3000$ machine is tickling the dragon's tail.

Basically if you want to go freeway speeds get yourself a street legal bike like a grome or YSR or enjoy the luxury of a full size bike leave clone and rep bikes for parking lot bashing and the high end race bikes for organized or track racing...

And just a side note anyone claiming they've achieved speeds over 50 mph I want to see them prove it with a Garmin GPS and a GoPro camera pointed at the Garmin GPS/road or better use a radar gun and a 4K camcorder on a tripod. RC guys are proving their speeds it's time for pocket bikers to step up the game... Anyone talking about speeds without video over 1080p with GPS or radar information is full of crap .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I remember reading on here, believe it was CAM2 who crashed above 60mph because the neck of the bike broke. Broke his neck if I remember correctly. It was I think a Blata 2.5 frame. Definitely too much speed.
Where was he riding?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And I have seen quite a few other about to happen major accidents with fork deflections and other issues with torsional stresses that have stopped speedrunners dead in their tracks.

Basically if you want to go freeway speeds get yourself a street legal bike like a grome or YSR or enjoy the luxury of a full size bike leave clone and rep bikes for parking lot bashing and the high end race bikes for organized or track racing...

And just a side note anyone claiming they've achieved speeds over 50 mph I want to see them prove it with a Garmin GPS and a GoPro camera pointed at the Garmin GPS/road or better use a radar gun and a 4K camcorder on a tripod. RC guys are proving their speeds it's time for pocket bikers to step up the game... Anyone talking about speeds without video over 1080p with GPS or radar information is full of crap .
Not necessarily freeway speeds, just enought to make my buds **** bricks thinking a pocket bike can only have a weedwacker engine,
But yes i am planning on doing some track, all i have is a polini 4.2 and the guys imma ride with all have bzm race ready machines. I just want to have a chance lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ysr are cool but they would also need extesive mods to go over 60MPH, not sure if id really need that . Id be able to catch up to cars doing 50KM/h but yeah i dont wanna get in over my head either. Id like to atleast have a base of something that i could be able to make into something really fast so that i could maybe ease into the power , that or just get a killing machinr and put in exhaust restrictions while i get used to it. I dont want a full sized bike. I have enough trouble keeping my licence with a car and i know ill end up killing myself . Id rather stay with pocket bikes and closed tracks n parking lots. I mean even a fully build dm can be fun in a parking lot just dont over do it lol

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
Well you should get a frame then have Chrisi build you a kick but race engine for it then you will have a good track bike.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,182 Posts
Yes, I am happy with 40mph or less. Any faster is crazy, and I have done 148mph in street cars on the street which is crazy.
50mph is nuts on a pocket bike especially a china frame. Euro frame maybe, for me. Lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts