Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my giannini motor back with the dellorto carb. I am having a big problem with tunning the carb. There are two screws one for the idle and the other for the air/fuel. I tried many different settings but I can't get the motor to stop bogging. Based on different settings, the motor will either bog at the bottom end or the top. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tune the carb the right way?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm guessing the carb you have is a pacco? Which uses dellorto jets.

you need to get the jetting set correctly first?
What main jet do you have? Also what position is the needle in?
once you get the jetting set you can adjust the air/fuel screw.
The way i do it is set your idle up a bit with the screw. Then adjust the a/f screw until the idle goes up and turn a down a touch from that spot. You should be very close there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
cut a strip of aluminum which is.002 in thick and cut it to the width of pastic spacer and wrap it around and tighten down. not to tight becuase i've seen a carb bust.

·
Registered
236 Posts
will this work? the clap has no more gap left when i tighten it, this aluminum foil will actually be thick enough to hold the carb?
RexRacer said:
cut a strip of aluminum which is.002 in thick and cut it to the width of pastic spacer and wrap it around and tighten down. not to tight becuase i've seen a carb bust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yes the aluminum foil will work. I used a coke can.
it worked for a while and I now have a set screw that holds the carb in place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the foil will last a long time unless you keep taking the carb on and off like i did.

for the set screw i just used an allen bolt and drilled and tapped the carb. Screw it in untill it hits the manifold and thats it.

I would use the coke can trick. It works. Cut a 4" long piece the width of the plastic ring. That should do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rondell, you mentioned that you had received a giannini motor. I was interested in sending in my motor and having them work on it. Did they put their own carb on the motor when the sent it back? How does the motor perform, is there a big difference in performance? What is your overall opinion on the work? Please let me know your opinions and how your bike perfomance, thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
SuPeR*FrEaK said:
Rondell, you mentioned that you had received a giannini motor. I was interested in sending in my motor and having them work on it. Did they put their own carb on the motor when the sent it back? How does the motor perform, is there a big difference in performance? What is your overall opinion on the work? Please let me know your opinions and how your bike perfomance, thanks!
i dont know where in Illinois your at,but theres a place in Carbondale that sells the Giannini motors.i think its $250 plus core.

·
Registered
66 Posts
he did my 2.5

MinimotoPilot said:
You're the first one I know of with the Giannini work. Any insight on how it performs?
he did the stage 3 on my 2.5 and it walked away from my 4.2 all the way up to top speed then the polini would have to play cach up and would only pass if there was enough time for it to get to top speed cause the polini 4.2 is a lil faster on the top end .... BUT for smashing around my shop parking lot my 2.5 is quicker ...... BUT that maybe cause i take my turns pretty slow ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guyz I have a giannini too. But I`ve never been able to get mine to run I even sent it back to him a second time. It came back the second time with the carb with to jetz. What size jetz did you end up using to get yourz running. I also tried a 300 dollar walbro carb set up but nuthin it will run but never hit the top all up and down, up and down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts