Pocketbike Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear all Chinese air cooled 49cc bikes come with a speed governor located somewhere on the carb. Where is it? How do I remove it?

Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts
Eagle eye said:
I hear all Chinese air cooled 49cc bikes come with a speed governor located somewhere on the carb. Where is it? How do I remove it?

Thanks
That's one that is misspelled a lot... Its a governEr, not a governOr.

What type of bike do you have?
and
Where did you buy it, or online?

·
Registered
629 Posts
XXXTreme26 said:
There isnt a governer, the mid bikes are just plain SLOW to begin with lol...
"I don't know what type of bike you have, but there is no governer".
A real educated response...

Go back to Cag-Land...

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is Cag-Land homey so shouldnt this of been posted in midbike-land...lol...Just because people ride different bikes doesnt mean you can hate on them...My other post was suposed to be funny but get to the point...Someone probley sold him the bike and told him it will do 50mph and told him it has a governer on it and thats what is making it so slow...There was a guy in my neighborhood back home doing it...I was laughing when I saw this post...There isnt a governer, if there is something it is just something that restricts it a little but is not there to act as a governer...

AtomicBiker said:
"I don't know what type of bike you have, but there is no governer".
A real educated response...

Go back to Cag-Land...

·
Registered
629 Posts
XXXTreme26: "This is Cag-Land homey so shouldnt this of been posted in midbike-land...lol...Just because people ride different bikes doesnt mean you can hate on them...My other post was suposed to be funny but get to the point...Someone probley sold him the bike and told him it will do 50mph and told him it has a governer on it and thats what is making it so slow...There was a guy in my neighborhood back home doing it...I was laughing when I saw this post...There isnt a governer, if there is something it is just something that restricts it a little but is not there to act as a governer..."

This thread isn't about cags, its about a Midbike. Some MidBikes do have governers on them (yes, that restrict the speed).

I'm not hating on cags, their spunky little bikes that are cool for racing. On the other hand, I think you saying all midbikes are slow was hating on a brother's ride...

Ride what you like but don't make inaccurate generalizations about others bikes. That doesn't make for a funny joke for the people's bikes your insulting.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Some 49cc Midi Bikes do have governers installed.

When I bought my last Bike I saw some instructions on how to remove it. It only pertained to one Bike that they sold so, it is not a common thing. I'm going back to Seattle to get some parts today and will post the details and what bike it applies too later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank's

Man people can be mean. I'm just wondering if my "midbike" has a speed restrictor, governer etc..

Thanks buddy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Midbikes are not slow

My stock midbike does 35mph - That is not slow!

XXXTreme26 said:
There isnt a governer, the mid bikes are just plain SLOW to begin with lol...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Don't worry about it man... Right off the bat, his first statement was wrong, so I wouldn't put too much stock in the rest of it. I guess that was a joke to him???

35mph is a good stock speed for a midbike!
I'm getting about 31mph out of my CatEye with just a couple of freebie mods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your a true senior member.

I'm a lawyer so for you for a life time if you ever have a question you let me know - You let me know not if you need a lawyer but if you have a question - no kidding, thanks again fellow member.
AtomicBiker said:
Don't worry about it man... Right off the bat, his first statement was wrong, so I wouldn't put too much stock in the rest of it. I guess that was a joke to him???

35mph is a good stock speed for a midbike!
I'm getting about 31mph out of my CatEye with just a couple of freebie mods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a car trail me and gauge my speed.

Dear Ryan,

my speedo is by kph. I top out at 54 to 56 as default. Againg gauged by a trailing car to verify.

ryan said:
that sounds like a stretch to me. does it do "35mph" on its "speedo", cause those are not near accurate.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Eagle eye said:
Dear Ryan,

my speedo is by kph. I top out at 54 to 56 as default. Againg gauged by a trailing car to verify.
cool. not saying i don't believe you. i rode a cateye type bike with electric start etc... and it did less than 25mph stock. the newer ones seem better, though, and have quite a bit of potential with that CVT i think. cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.