Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
The key is a Joke. It grounds the coil till you turn it on, you don't need it. Hook 1 wire to a kill switch and the other side of the switch to ground. Or touch the small coil wire to the frame when you want to stop the engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but I guess I don't have permissions to post a new thread.

I searched and searched and can't find another half fairing cag like mine. I bought it about 7 years ago and now I'm trying to restore it back. I want to put a nice exhaust pipe but as you notice my motor stands straight up so the standard cag pipe won't work. The frame seems to be the same (I extended the swing arm) and the body is identical. I guess if I had to I could buy a pipe and cut mine and weld the expansion chamber on. My pipe dosen't really have much of an expansion chamber at all. I guess I would also need to know exactly how long the header pipe needs to be. Has any one seen a cag like mine?

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
What you have is a China 43 or 49cc copy Zenoah piston port engine, I have 2. That is a Classic Bike. Not sure what the body work it came with.
Alot of people adapt another body to fit there frame.
Never seen a clutch housing on a Zenoah like that before. On X bikes & scooters the engine is backwards w/ a reverse tranmission and the exhaust out the back.
Cam2 has a frame like that, he put a Cag reed port eng in it. Someone may have lenghtened the rear section on the bike, can't tell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cool, thanks! But what should I do about the exhaust? Is yours still stock? And as I mentioned I was the one that extended the rear.

·
Registered
73 Posts
should be able to fit a normal exhaust on ther with 2 cuts and welds and not removing anything just changing angles. looks like a standard exuast for a mta2 type bike would jsut have ot be mounted sideways to get it to fit inside the frame, worth a try atleast

·
Registered
2 Posts
I posted this in the introduction thread but any ideas on what this one is.

Picked this little sucker up after it took a dive off a fellow racers truck.
Thanks

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
You need an X2-X7 over the engine exhaust. PB Parts in Florida can probably help you. Here is a fatty pipe on a Zenoah 49cc Hd/Cyld. The other is my Hot Rod Zenoah with a Cag alloy head mounted on a cut cylinder, and a Pro Jet exhaust out the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
You need an X2-X7 over the engine exhaust. PB Parts in Florida can probably help you. Here is a fatty pipe on a Zenoah 49cc Hd/Cyld. The other is my Hot Rod Zenoah with a Cag alloy head mounted on a cut cylinder, and a Pro Jet exhaust out the back.

Thanks for the advice man. I will b getting a new pipe soon. I just finished getting her back together! Check it out! http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?p=535585#post535585

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
You have on Xbike, there are X1 - X22, 49cc 2 stroke piston port like you have w/a CVT belt driven variable ratio transmission or 4 stroke 50cc to 110cc Honda clone engine. There are mid bikes and super pocket bikes, 8" or 10" rims. Yours look like 10" or Super Pocket Bike Class. My guess is X6 to X8, CAM2 will know for sure. Your engine is used in many bikes and gas powered scooters. Here is an HP engine like yours in an Xbike.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Thanks for the info that's exactly what it is? What do you think a good price to have paid for this is?
Between $75- $100.00 canadian if you didnt hear it run when purchased.......

$150.00 if it was running and riding via the pullstarter and around $175.00 if it had no issues to fix at all.........

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
I have a H/F Tools Compression gauge kit in a case I got for $30. It has air hose/tool type fittings, hose detaches and 5 or 6 different spark thread adaptors. I take it with me if I am looking at a pocket rocket, compression test tells a lot about the shape of the engine. It' alsos a good way to drop the price, lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No when I went to buy it it started right up with the pull start he just had never had a battery in it so none of the electrical was working? But it only took me a couple hours to have everything working again and in my Province on kijjiji everyone I saw was 500+ for an X series and this one was the nicest one I saw and he was asking 450 and I got him down to 300....The smaller regular pocket bikes you can pick up from anywhere from free to $200 for a nicely restored one....I also have two other pocket bikes including another X series bike but it's older than this one so probably like an X1 or something....it's not in as nice of shape but I got it for $50 so I can't complain and everything is there it just needs some work....but yeah I don't mind paying 300 for this because it's basically mint and I wanted a real nice one....I will post some more pics tonight of what it looks like with all the under lighting on

21 - 40 of 50 Posts