Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike and need a chain for it. Does anyone know what bike this is? I got it for 90 dollars and it starts right up but the guy didn't know what type it was. Also I need to know the gas to oil ratio for this bike any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
MT-A2 Cag/Daytona, full fairing with a 47cc air-cooled two-stroker engine. Nice score for $90 ...

You'll want to run a 32:1 oil/gas mix (that's 4oz of oil to a gallon of gas, or for you metric nerds, .1183 liters of oil to 3.7854 liters of gas).

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Any of the parts stores in our supplier feedback section should have chains for a Cag. I would also suggest a chainbreaker for adjusting sizes if need be. (#25 or #25H (heavy-duty) chain. )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I am taking time to read through the forum and looks like a great new hobby to play around with. As a newb I have a strange question you stated it;s a MT-A2 Cag/Daytona what does this mean exactly i Know cag is for the chinease air cooled engine correct and I assume I can use any of the MT-A2 parts off the net on this bike is that correct? What has me confused is the Daytona what does that describe? Sorry for the confusion but I am trying to find all the info I can about this bike and trying to decide which mods to buy for the bike. Also I will be either buying new plastics to replace the ones on the bike due to all the scratches but was wandering if I could sand it down and paint the body if it would be noticeable or should I just purchase a new body and start the painting from there.

In general is this a decent bike to play around with or should I buy a new pocket bike and mod it instead?

I thought about buying a super pocket bike on the site they bost speeds up to 65mph but if I remember reading somewhere that the new bikes are set at 35mph is this true and is it possible to turn the speed back up without replacing all the stock parts?

What would you guys recommend a new pocket bike or a new superbike also which pb and which superbike would you buy if you were looking to buy a new one?

Sorry for all the questions I will try to tone it down some like a kid in a candy store just trying to get started in the right direction.

I appreciate your time and patience

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
The particular bike style is the Cagllari/Daytona - some sites have different names for the bikes, but they're mainly all Cags (Chinese-made two-stroke air-cooled). The model is MT-A2, which means your bike is a full-fairing model - an A1 is a half-fairing. (The other two are the A3, aka the GP RS-R, complete with rear shock, and the A4, aka the C-1, which is a Chinese-made water-cooled bike, a copy of the European B-1 Origami.)

Cags are pretty much "beginner bikes", as they're what most people get first when starting of in this sport. The bikes are easy to work on and parts are readily available from a wide number of vendors. Parts are also fairly cheap in price, so it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg like the European bikes will. (Just so you know, the Euro bikes start at about $2K and up, so they're not for just cruising the neighborhood. Euro bikes are full-on race machines.)

What I would do is go ahead and get the new fairings, but keep your old fairings for "beaters." If they get trashed, not to worry, since you have the new ones, right?

To be honest, I don't know too much about the midbikes and superbikes, although many members on here have them. I just personally haven't had one or messed around with one yet. However, I've done a LOT of work on Cags, so I'll try to answer any questions you have on them, okay?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wait a minute... I thought Cags were mini bikes... The Cags are midbikes?

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Cags are minis ... Cateyes are mids, X-18's are supers.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Technically any Chinese pocketbike is a Cag! yeah, I know, I must be mistaken, nope! Chinese (minimoto) = Cag.

and technically super man was a man so a super pocket bike must still be a pocket bike.

It had more to do with a name of a factory, and not a specific model of bike...

"Caglari" or something silly like that.

ooops, that was an old guy secret! like 2-t vs 4-t! hehe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Typically running how fast do these run stock and are the hp upgrades worth the money, also anyone know of a fast and reliuable dealer would like to pick up a second one for the boys to race eachother.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts