Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try a new hobby and hopefully become a father and son experience. I need help finding a bike and I would love it if someone helped me.

Help me find a good pocket bike with these requirements

Quality Construction
Max Speed anywhere below 50mph
Upgradable
Actually Looks Good
Any Price (1000 max new, or link me to a used in decent condition)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Do you guy's want to speed around and try to get a knee down in the corners, or mostly cruise around?

More into racing, a little air cooled Chinese Cag Like an MT-A1 or MT-A2..

Wanna just have fun cruising around, a mid-bike like a CatEye Or X1, X2, X3 etc..

Depending on how far you want to go (learning wise) some of the larger mid-bikes like the X-18 etc have a 4-stroke 110 cc engine with 4 gears! tons of fun!

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can buy my X6... lol goes about 40. I also just ordered a solonoid for it so she will be running shortly. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would a Blata 2.5 be good? I found a new 2.5hp one for cheap, and I wouldn't want a stronger one because this is for learning how to ride. Any thoughts?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
YES!!!!! A blata 2.5 is a perfect starter bike! but they are REALLY small! like knee high...

but that means less weight, which makes the same engine feel like more power!

Blata is a REALLY good Brand! I talk about them NoN-Stop! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew they were awesome, that's why I wanted a euro. Is a practically new one priced at $500 a good deal?

Also is there a age requirement law in Georgia, like to ride you must own atleast a permit? We know that you can't ride on streets, we are planning on riding on a abondoned ingles parking lot, any reason not to?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
A kid with a Parent, in a closed location like a parking lot that is not in use, should be fine! the people who get in trouble are kids and adults who are riding on the street and then give cops "attitude" when the cop is probably just going to ask them to walk it home, or pack up and leave the lot. If somebody get's injured, that could be an issue, if there are no trespassing signs, that could be an issue, if the neighbors call the cops, most likely the cops will come politely ask you to "shut it down"

We have been "Asked to leave" more than a few times, and they never once issued a citation, or took a bike or any of that stuff, but they will run the license of the adult, usually.

Please keep in mind, this is in California, and is my experience, I am not quoting the law.

ps

We used to ride in lots all over town! :) Be polite, wear safety gear, be safe, and bail when they say so. <--- the unspoken rules of the parking lot racer!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts