Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a basket case Blata Elite 11 with a water cooled Polini motor. I am stuck on mounting the motor and how to assemble the water pump. I think I am missing some spacers for between the frame and the engine and I am not sure exactly how big they need to be. The water pump looks like it will pull the drive belt outwards and does not seem to line up. Can anyone send me some pics of what it is suppose to look like.

Thanks

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I picked up a basket case Blata Elite 11 with a water cooled Polini motor. I am stuck on mounting the motor and how to assemble the water pump. I think I am missing some spacers for between the frame and the engine and I am not sure exactly how big they need to be. The water pump looks like it will pull the drive belt outwards and does not seem to line up. Can anyone send me some pics of what it is suppose to look like.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum.Heres a link to a member who had the same bike and posted some pictures of his..

https://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/172-help-ask-our-shadetree-mechanics/97345-blata-elite-10-11-lc-w-polini-engine-help.html

Heres a link to the Blata forum...If you have the neck # they'll help you...

Blata parts on sale | Store closing | Discount up to 80% off

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the water pump bracket is way different on my bike then pictured on these threads but it looks just like the one in the parts diagram. The exploded diagram is somewhat helpful but it is still difficult to see what the parts are. Does anyone have a better copy or a workshop manual?

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
the water pump bracket is way different on my bike then pictured on these threads but it looks just like the one in the parts diagram. The exploded diagram is somewhat helpful but it is still difficult to see what the parts are. Does anyone have a better copy or a workshop manual?
The waterpumps have a diverse mounting...On my bike its driven off the rear wheel..

Take the # from the neck of your bike...It starts with CZ-

Send an email to the Blata Techs with that # and they will be pretty helpful in aiding your situation.....

Good Luck

Attachments

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
On my clone 39cc polini engine made my own water pump mounting brackets from Stanley gate hinges and flat bar from the hardware store. Like CAM2 said many ways to mount a pump. Trouble is you have to idle the engine fast enough to make the clutch grab and turn the pump. I looked for a small electric water pump, you run off a small battery, w/ on & off, so it pumps at idle.
See photo.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
On my clone 39cc polini engine made my own water pump mounting brackets from Stanley gate hinges and flat bar from the hardware store. Like CAM2 said many ways to mount a pump. Trouble is you have to idle the engine fast enough to make the clutch grab and turn the pump. I looked for a small electric water pump, you run off a small battery, w/ on & off, so it pumps at idle.
See photo.

Polini has the better solution over the Blata engine when it comes to cooling especially in their element which is racing....If you can ever imagine an engine becoming too cooled down you'd just picture a Blata….Polini had the better idea letting the inertia of the bike control cooling as the longest a racebike sits idle is maybe 30 seconds to a minute running on the starting line...

You push a polini back to the pits you can benefit from the waterpump turning and helping the engine cooldown faster unlike the Blata too...

You need some sort of heat build-up to help ignite the mix....If the engine runs too cool it will never operate in its peak efficiency rate and Blata thrives on that slow heat-up cylinder effect....

On one of the Blata engines I tried foregoing the exhaust port flange cooling mod plus let the water literally flow free as it could to get the efficiency threshold higher which resulted in quite a few engine failures....It was only when I lessened the diameter of the output hose to get the water to flow at a slower rate to absorb more heat is when the engines started to gain longevity but lost that insane punch so I just tuned it on methanol and went super lean on the tune....LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts