Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading all this stuff about adjusting needle to the 5th thread and stuff on cags to make it run rich/lean. are you guys adjusting this on the stock carb? if so, where is this located (pics would be nice) I'm also seeing this tapered needle stuff, how do you do that? I'm still kinda new to the pocket bike scene and would like to tweek the preformance. oh and one more thing, where is the jet located also, thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
where your throttle cable goes into the carb.

unscrew it and take it out. The needled is on the end of the slide.

take the needle out of the slide and you'll see a "c" clip with 5 positions.

a triple tapered needle is just that. Its tapered in 3 different places in addition to the 5 "c" clip positions to give you more control over fuel flow.

·
Registered
841 Posts
What fstbusa said :p

You got to unscrew the throttle cap (on top of the carb)

once out, the slide is the black round sleeve still attached to the cable. The needle is the gold pin looking thing sticking out at the end of the slide. The trick is getting the needle out

Between the cap and the slide is a spring. You need to compress the spring towards the cap, then let it hang over the edge of the slide.....to get it out of the way.

looking into the slide, you can now get access to the needle. Careful tho' there is a washer, remove it to a safe place. Then pull the needle out.

My h/f ZH-1 Cag ran best at the 4th position (count from the top of the needle downward). So you'll have to play with yours for best results.

OH! another thing, be very carefull with handling "C" clip, that sucka likes to jump away from you. So, I suggest to do this in an open/clear area, otherwise it will be like looking for a needle in a hay stack :(
Once finished, re-assemble in reverse order.

The jet is located inside the float bowl area. The float bowl is located at the bottom of the carb, fastened by 2 screws. To get to it, you'll need to remove your carb from the motor.

As you remove the float bowl, the jet is the bronze looking round thing in the middle of the carb. Be sure it is fastened snug.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does ne one know if the Triple tapered needle off of adrenalinemotorsports.com comes with the 2 e clips (chrome and black ones)?If not does ne one know where i can get one bcuz mine is all bent up?...Please help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts