Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats better for the money flat top piston or big bore kit for a b1 rep??? or can any one tell me is there such thing as a flat top big bore??? that would be cool!, cheers. steven g

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
whats better for the money flat top piston or big bore kit for a b1 rep??? or can any one tell me is there such thing as a flat top big bore??? that would be cool!, cheers. steven g
I would go for the 15:1 flat-top setup, Flat top pistons are COOL, and 15:1 compression ratios can run on Pump gas +oil or Race Fuel + oil!

but the piston needs to match up to the "head" or else it wont "line up" ;)

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
PBU has the kit that nick has 39cc.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I won't Lie, the kit does not have "tons" of hours on it, but I WILL snap some pictures for you guys tomorrow, it is a REALLY nice kit, and my black and red bike did smoke the orange bike all day long, and I did try some "boosters" once, but even on "Premium" ;) Pump gas it hauls some butt.

Getting rid of the 14mm carburetor was HUGE for us too, we got two "banshee" carbs and one was really good, but one has some float issues, the intake manifold needed to be modified back then, but you could find them around now.

The squish (head-kit) and the Carburetor are the major flaws (in my opinion) about almost all of the C1's.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I won't Lie, the kit does not have "tons" of hours on it, but I WILL snap some pictures for you guys tomorrow, it is a REALLY nice kit, and my black and red bike did smoke the orange bike all day long, and I did try some "boosters" once, but even on "Premium" ;) Pump gas it hauls some butt.

Getting rid of the 14mm carburetor was HUGE for us too, we got two "banshee" carbs and one was really good, but one has some float issues, the intake manifold needed to be modified back then, but you could find them around now.

The squish (head-kit) and the Carburetor are the major flaws (in my opinion) about almost all of the C1's.
On my Polini I mounted up a stock carb from my PW80.............It works pretty good and the Dellorto 19mm carb works even better on the PW......I just have to get some jetting to finetune it after I refurb the topend and do some porting.....Waterpump failure killed the topend which has mega hours on it...In a few minutes im gonna tear it down ,, make a list and order the repair/rebuild parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts