Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my jetpro pipe and when I go WOT on the stand it dies...I adjusted the needle settings from 4th to 5th to 3rd and now back to 4th. I've adjusted the idle and can't seem to find whats wrong with it. I've cleaned my carb, no kinks in the fuel line...any idea what else it could be?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the adj main jet and tappered needle coming in from adrenaline...my buddies threw it on their cags and theirs seem to be running just fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pull the spark plug and let us know how it looks like. Preferably pull it when it's WOT and dies. That'll help diagnose the mixture, which would indicate if it's running lean/rich. Then you can work from there...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i cleaned the petcock and i just put in a new denso spark plug when i installed my pipe...when i took out my stock plug it was brown...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Is it bogging at WOT or just dying?

Take off the air filter and see if that solves it. Might not be getting enough air in.

Whats your fuel mixture?

Choke open or closed?

Little things make a big difference. Possible you have air leaks around the intake and carb area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i wouldn't say its bogging...maybe surging...im not too sure if im using the right terms. it doesnt bog...it doesnt "cut out". it'll rev high when i roll the throttle then half way it'll lose all its power like it wants to suck in air then it'll shut off. I'm running 36:1 and choke is open. I know I'm missing my gasket between my boost tube and reed block but before i installed my pipe and plug it was running just fine.

P.S. thanks for all the reply guys

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a JetPro & filter on my bike. Putting the needle to the 5th position made it run really rich on a 40:1 mixture. Moved it to the 4th position and its a lot better. I can not imagine that you need a bigger jet with that setup. But every bike is different.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anybody rember that on post where a guy put a step by step on how to install a adjustable jet. Does anybody have that website.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fstbusa said:
I'm guessing you're running slightly lean.

get the $6 adjustable jet and see if that helps.
Yeah...I ordered the adj main jet and the tappered needle. I'm just waiting for it to come in. I was just hoping that maybe there was something that I could adjust or fix right now so I could run my bike. I just got and installed my JetPro last night and got it started this morning but when I gave it gas...it went kahput

1 - 20 of 25 Posts