Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need your help!

Riding my polini 911r today and after about 5 mins it shut off mid ride. It was after I was going near WOT and let off gas and started to brake.

Here's what scares me.... Pull starter is locked up now!

What's up?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Straydawg

Check this out. Took off the pull starter and didn't see anything strange, put it back on and it pulled and bike started! What the heck, went to start it again and pull starter felt like it wasn't making a good connection, like it simply broke. I took it off, looks like little plastic pieces broke off starter.

Do I just need the ratchet plate?

Pics...

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You can get a new C1 pully w/ rope for about $10 online not sure if it is the same, trying to remember where. midsouthminimotos online might be able to help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Straydawg

Check this out. Took off the pull starter and didn't see anything strange, put it back on and it pulled and bike started! What the heck, went to start it again and pull starter felt like it wasn't making a good connection, like it simply broke. I took it off, looks like little plastic pieces broke off starter.

Do I just need the ratchet plate?

Pics...
... it's death - change it into a new one .

This part seems okay right?
No... you see, the spring right is damaged, it ( the arm ) will not be working / by turn the starter .

with only one arm it will be not working

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another question, what are those two little springs on the flywheel, one of mine is not wrapped around the silver thing that I think catches on the pull starter. Check out last pic closely

·
Registered
178 Posts
No, only the plastic starter wheel , you have to change - but carefully , first of all unfast the rope and then the spring .... - it's only 10 min. to work ;)

Polini genuine with ( only) 4 pins ( hooks)
or
BZM genuine with 6 pins ( hooks)

ca. 5 - 6 €

you may take both - no problem - works both :)

The spring you can get also separate .

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
One of my Prawl springs broke in the same exact spot.. I was able to just bend the end a little and clipped in back on the prawl. Now shorter than the other spring and only bent up (not up and over) but it works fine.. Use the one that springs back as an example and try to get the other to work the same way..

I'll try to get a pic for you!

Here is a link to the part.. Have to call em to see if they have it in stock.. http://www.midsouthminimoto.com/143530001.aspx

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
The Fix has been workin for some time now.. The engine is getting rebuilt and pumped up.. But still think I'm gonna keep that spring on there till it really breaks.. :rolleyes:

The first pic is the Un broke Spring, The second the Broke and Bent Spring and the third a top view!

The Pull start should still work..

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.