Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a full fairing cag that I have been trying to fix. I got the bike for free from a neighbor. After I did some research on here to try to fix it, I managed to turn it on. But when I turn it on the rear wheel just spins rapidly like someone is turning the throttle. I did try searching but couldn't find any answers to why this is happening. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts
It sounds like the idle adjust screw is turned in too far, usually it is the screw on the carburetor with the spring around it, turn it out until the bike idles low enough to run but not engage the clutch...

Nick.

Hi, I have a full fairing cag that I have been trying to fix. I got the bike for free from a neighbor. After I did some research on here to try to fix it, I managed to turn it on. But when I turn it on the rear wheel just spins rapidly like someone is turning the throttle. I did try searching but couldn't find any answers to why this is happening. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Either that, or when he rebuilt the carburetor, he turned the throttle slide 180* and it's holding the throttle wide open .....

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
The throttle slide is the black cylinder, also known as a barrel slider. I call it the throttle slide, because that's what I was told those were when I was learning how to work on engines way back when .....

That big half-moon clip needs to sit on top of the needle when it's down inside the throttle slide. Also, when you go to reassembly the carb, make sure that the long groove on the side of the slide is facing the petcock (right), and the cut-out on the bottom is facing the idle screw (left). If not, you're gonna get a big surprise when you go to start the bike ......

·
Administrator
3,713 Posts
Your clutch is stuck take the bell housing off you will see two or three big bolts holding the clutch arms on take the bolts out one at a time behind the bolts there is a wafer washer throw them away...

Check your clutch springs and make sure none of them have snapped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts