Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given this bike for free and I’ve decided to try and restore it best I can. The owner that’s had it said it’s been sitting for a few years, he said he’s had it for over 10 years.
I can’t find a brand, model or anything anywhere.

Is anyone able to help?!

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
555 Posts
I almost immediately said a Blata minimotard. But almost looke like a pocket bike with the handle bars added.
The engine looks like a typical Chinese CAG case reed engine. 40mm or 44mm.
Everyone says could be 43cc, 47cc, or 49cc.
Has what looks to be a beautiful pipe, and the 4in wheels

·
Super Moderator
2,906 Posts
It's a Cagllari Daytona ( CAG ) motard they were only available in the UK and Australia designed to look like a Super Moto they were not sold in the US it would have been a special order thing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wow, I like it, especially the belly on that exhaust, its worth restoring, still plenty of Cag parts floating around, Even 4" scooter road tires.

·
Super Moderator
2,906 Posts
Hobbit sport made one it has a suspension front fork with some kind of alloy frame. ( 49 cc CAG engine )

There is one called the 80 Euro mini motard it comes with the bigger five spoke Cagllari Daytona Wheels ( 49 cc CAG engine )

You have the 50 Euro mini motard comes with the smaller Wheels still built with mostly all Cagllari Daytona parts. ( 49 cc CAG engine ) ( made by Yongkang Sibo Motorcycle co )

But like most China stuff it was ripped off from the Blata mini motard that comes with a full chrome exhaust system 6.5 inch polished wheels the iconic lightened Blata rear sprocket real Dell Orto carby and the 40cc Robin Subaru 3.4 HP engine.

All of the motard bikes are definitely an awesome find no matter what part of the world you live in they did not make very many of them and we're only available in the UK and Australia ( could order them to the US as a single ) ( pallets of them would definitely be confiscated by US customs due to road tires and two-stroke engine ) I would consider all of the motard bikes highly collectible definitely worth restoring...

·
Registered
368 Posts
You can turn the fork tubes around 180 degrees which puts the axle out front, more than an inch longer wheel base, That's what I did on my Polini 910 Carena 4.2, moves the front brake to the other side, but no big deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
My GRC has a 40cc BZM engine with racing short cases and silver stuff crank, just rebuilt, got to get some waterless coolant for my water cooled bikes. The Polini has a rebuilt 4.2 air cooled engine now, that 39cc water cooled engine is before I find a real Polini engine. That engine is in my second GRC frame waiting to be finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Getting it ready to start it soon, has a 15:1 compression cap. Got it out of storage, the water pump O ring belt snapped over the winter, lol. Waterless coolant is $35 a gallon, whoa, lol.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Have you tried to use the Royal Purple, purple ice? I have heard of people running that straight in race cars.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Royal Purple is good, think its from Europe, I use AMSoil 2 stroke Dominator oil, 4 stroke oil, and gas booster. Have to make sure there is no alcohol in your booster, and now everyone is going to summer blend. Going to Husqvarna 94 and boosted it to 96 octane its enough to joy ride on, lol. gas prices are high cause the is a corn shortage to make alcohol. I paid more than $4 a gallon. My Dodge gets 15 mpg, my Kia 34 mph gallon, and still hauls. 175hp, a 6,500 rpms has 160 on the speedo an 60 mph is 2,000 rpms, do the math. Now wind at that speed??? 6 speeds forward, with 2 dry clutches that shift like a stick which is another option, you can shift manually, but auto works better. It downshifts as the rpms drop, the Highway Patrol loves it, lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,906 Posts
I got that dual dry clutch system in my VW it has a 8 speed likes to shift a lot lol I get 50 mpg in winter but only get about 45 on the summer blend I don't think my car is very fast has a turbo but it's still really weak compared to my Oldsmobile.

I do say that Volkswagen does make a pretty good quality vehicle definitely a lot better than the Ford I had that started breaking down at 12,000 MI finally after the Ford had 65,000 miles on it I got so sick of it breaking down I traded it in for the Volkswagen.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
The Royal Purple I was referring to was for the coolant system not the oil. It's called purple ice, I believe

·
Super Moderator
2,906 Posts
I like to run that water wetter crap 😁 it's definitely good stuff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts