Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought a x1 its been threw it and the wires are all over the place can anyone help me get it wired to the point i can try to start it. it has the electric start and all the wires have been cut i have no idea what goes were
..help please

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Does it have a pull start? If it does that's all you need .You don't need any wires to get that engine to run. And for the electric start if it works, you just need to hook it to a battery temporarily was some alligator clips. I believe I happen to run across a couple threads on here about the wiring but I have to try to research it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the x1 with the electric start ..i want to bypass the starter just to see if it will fire..i have the harness off at the moment.. i have a what looks like a ground wire coming out from behind the pull start and suppossed to go to the cylnod a hot wire and 2 small wires coming off the clynod one white W/green and other white W/red??? and i just want to start the motor to see if its good ill order new harness later what wires do i hook were to just pull start it??

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
This is easy with no wires connected it will have spark and you can pull start it connecting the small wire that comes from the coil to ground is the kill wire

You can remove all of the rest of the hacked up wiring mess once it's been hacked up it's worthless

·
Registered
73 Posts
its the x1 with the electric start ..i want to bypass the starter just to see if it will fire..i have the harness off at the moment.. i have a what looks like a ground wire coming out from behind the pull start and suppossed to go to the cylnod a hot wire and 2 small wires coming off the clynod one white W/green and other white W/red??? and i just want to start the motor to see if its good ill order new harness later what wires do i hook were to just pull start it??
Like I said before, you dont need rhe electric start as long as you have a pullstart. Like MrKitty said. The only wire needed is the kill switch to the coil. Only to shut it off. Then go through your starting process. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
Make sure you test the electric starter with jumper cables and make sure it works before wiring it all up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts