Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 49cc cateye and it starts right up like nothing, the fuel lines are new and clear, but the bike wont move when I hit the gas. I tuned it on a crate so the wheel wasn't on the ground but it was spinning fast. But when I tried to ride it, it doesn't go anywhere. I was thinking maybe I gotta tune the carb? I don't know. Anyone know what this might be?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i had this same issue with the same exact bike, it would bog out and not move.

just buy a new carb for 30 bucks and bam problem fixed.
dont try to adjust it it wont wokr lol i tried.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think its the spark plug because it starts and stays running, it just doesn't go anywhere at all when I press the gas. It'll take off if I'm next to it holding the gas down but it only goes like 5mph but if I sit on it and gas it, it doesn't go anywhere. It's weird, maybe it could be the carb because its not the stock one, its a different one that has 3 screw adjustments, a hi and a lo and another. This carb also doesn't have one of them primer bulbs, its just a flat metal piece where the primer bulb usually is. I'll order one off ebay or something and then see if that works. I think a performance carb is what $30-50? I was thinking it could be the clutch springs too but I'm not sure, haven't checked that yet. Might as well order both since they're cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also...how fast has anyone gotten one of these 49cc cateyes before? I had one two years ago and I made a custom intake with a custom fat belly exhaust and muffler. Tuned the carb since it had more air capability and I was done but I got it up to 50mph with my buddy's cavalier next to me after a long time, had ta stop cuz ran outta road. It had a 7 inch long pvc tube hooked up to a velocity stack and it was fast. When I would get to a certain rpm, the bike would literally jerk and pull you. It sounded awesome too. LOL my GF was scared to ride it after lol but has anyone else gotten therrs that fast?

·
Registered
8 Posts
holy ****
i wish i could get mine that fast
i have hit 25mph, but next week im changing the rear sproket and the exhaust so im hoping to hit 35mph

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yea mine also had a smaller rear sprocket. It came with it from the dude I got it from. I'm not sure what else he did to it, it responded good ta upgrades tho. I miss that bike

·
Registered
41 Posts
The only "upgrade" I've done to my 43cc cateye is remove the startor and battery and opened up my stock exhaust pipe. I weigh 140lbs and I'm only hitting 22mph on a gps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts