Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello friends I have a bzm engine that I want to install in my minimoto my question is how fast can I go with this type of engine
All the minimotos I have owned are 39cc.
this is 50cc bzm
How much can I increase with this kind of motor im search in online but i cant find any about that and maybe someone with experience can get me out of that doubt

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,439 Posts
Power out of any 2 stroke gets you takeoff, rpm gives you speed, but changing around your sprockets can make almost any speed you want, but there is always a trade off between the speed and takeoff power when sprockets are changed around.
I don't know the horsepower of that motor but I am sure it has enough and with the right gearing 40-50mph shouldn't be out of reach.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power out of any 2 stroke gets you takeoff, rpm gives you speed, but changing around your sprockets can make almost any speed you want, but there is always a trade off between the speed and takeoff power when sprockets are changed around.
I don't know the horsepower of that motor but I am sure it has enough and with the right gearing 40-50mph shouldn't be out of reach.
Thank you for the help my friend and The hp its around 15 to 16hp thats what i search a few info
And alot of people talking about this lind of engine its a rocket faster thats whay i want to try something new

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yeah you have plenty of power. Start messing with the sprockets, front is easier and don't usually require a new chain. One tooth at.a time or 10 teeth in the rear.
Or use a ratio calculator.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah you have plenty of power. Start messing with the sprockets, front is easier and don't usually require a new chain. One tooth at.a time or 10 teeth in the rear.
Or use a ratio calculator.
So if I change the sprocket to one with more teeth, it gives more power to the rear tire.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you want more speed go bigger one the front or smaller on the rear
More torque or low end smaller front and larger rear.
And any combination you could change 2 teeth larger (more speed) in the front and 10 teeth larger(more torque) on the rear which can make changes in the middle of just making one change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello friends I have a bzm engine that I want to install in my minimoto my question is how fast can I go with this type of engine
All the minimotos I have owned are 39cc.
this is 50cc bzm
How much can I increase with this kind of motor im search in online but i cant find any about that and maybe someone with experience can get me out of that doubt
Hey may I ask where you purchased the engine .
I’ve been out the scene awhile and now have a few new polinis and want the bzm engine upgrade .
If you can help that would be great .
Thanks ,

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey may I ask where you purchased the engine .
I’ve been out the scene awhile and now have a few new polinis and want the bzm engine upgrade .
If you can help that would be great .
Thanks ,
You can orfer the engine directly from bzm cost like 1500 dlls i think i also i see a used one in ebay for 600 dlls

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I've ridden polini 39cc motors, 50cc polini rep motors, bzm 39cc motor and bzm 50cc motor. The 50cc is seriously no joke. So much power coming out of a corner and accelerates way faster then a 39cc. I put my 39cc motor back in because it was more fun to mess around on in a parking lot and I'm saving the 50cc for the kart track. Top speed is all about the gearing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohhhh yeahhh man finally i put to run the bike 2 days ago amd i can believe this flys im 180lbs and this feels like i dont eant nothing definitely this scares it to fast fast

So you think that it is better to race the bike on a kart track. I thought that the kart track was very big, oh long, for this type of bike and that only make mini bikes are for small tracks or what do you think ??

I've ridden polini 39cc motors, 50cc polini rep motors, bzm 39cc motor and bzm 50cc motor. The 50cc is seriously no joke. So much power coming out of a corner and accelerates way faster then a 39cc. I put my 39cc motor back in because it was more fun to mess around on in a parking lot and I'm saving the 50cc for the kart track. Top speed is all about the gearing.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
They are for sure meant for kart tracks! not race car tracks but yes go kart tracks. If you are topping out the speed to early in the straight away then you need to change your gearing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you mean to say that I didn't go full throttle on a straight so as not to damage the engine?

They are for sure meant for kart tracks! not race car tracks but yes go kart tracks. If you are topping out the speed to early in the straight away then you need to change your gearing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts