Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was basically taking my engine apart when i realized this kit doesnt have a place for my carb to go on my x1. the carb is attached to the cylinder. while the listing said my bike was compatible. my engine looks like this
12E83245-AD3A-49AC-9526-4816C4F1CC40.png
and i bought this kit

what do i do

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
so i was basically taking my engine apart when i realized this kit doesnt have a place for my carb to go on my x1. the carb is attached to the cylinder. while the listing said my bike was compatible. my engine looks like this
View attachment 156408
and i bought this kit

what do i do
You have the kit for the reed inducted engine

Theres no kits for the Piston ported engines

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@MrKitty im trying to soup up this engine. what parts can i upgrade? because i cant put a performance carb as the intake manifold isnt compatible. tell me all the thing i can do to the engine other than rocket key and like flywheel. thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
The Hitachi clone engine all ready has a 15mm pumper heavy duty clutch and a longer stroke there just is not any bolt ons available for it anymore all I do to them is base gasket delete mod and some light porting I have heard boost bottles help them out and of course a intake filter with a stack and reworking the exhaust allso helps make power

Here is my most recent thread where I do up one of them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Hitachi clone engine all ready has a 15mm pumper heavy duty clutch and a longer stroke there just is not any bolt ons available for it anymore all I do to them is base gasket delete mod and some light porting I have heard boost bottles help them out and of course a intake filter with a stack and reworking the exhaust allso helps make power

Here is my most recent thread where I do up one of them

wow that sucks your telling theres nothing to make it better :/. it just feels so slow as stock. im tempted to just buy a whole new engine thats pre modified. is it worth?

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
If you have the 33cc it whould be better to buy 49cc make sure you post a picture and a link of the engine you plan on buying here first or you could end up with the EPA restricted engine that's just the same speed as what you have

If you want to finish disassembling the engine that you have take a look at what the Piston size is the wrist pin and the internal crankcase diameter if you can fit a full circle crank and balance it right it will scream!

But I can get them going pretty good off of just the stock parts with some modifications

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have the 33cc it whould be better to buy 49cc make sure you post a picture and a link of the engine you plan on buying here first or you could end up with the EPA restricted engine that's just the same speed as what you have

If you want to finish disassembling the engine that you have take a look at what the Piston size is the wrist pin and the internal crankcase diameter if you can fit a full circle crank and balance it right it will scream!

But I can get them going pretty good off of just the stock parts with some modifications
**** i put everything back together already. i know my engine is 49 cc because the piston was 44mm but i didnt measure the pin. im relatively knew to this type of stuff and trying to learn, only 17. where would i purchase a full circle crank, it seem like i would have a hard time doing something like that so i would need help.

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
You whould need to know if you have the 10mm or 12mm wrist pin then search eBay and Amazon for it the 44mm piston is the big bore and the biggest you can get. Have you tryed tunning the carburator for maximum performance?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You whould need to know if you have the 10mm or 12mm wrist pin then search eBay and Amazon for it the 44mm piston is the big bore and the biggest you can get. Have you tryed tunning the carburator for maximum performance?
ill take a look soon but since i have a 44mm piston already i cant upgrade it any further? do performance pistons do much? and about tuning, i havent but i was going to when i put everything back together, my fuel tank isnt on there at moment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The 44mm pistons are all the same and the 44mm pistons with ports cut in the onley work on the reed inducted Cagllari Daytona
so i guess i cant do much for performance upgrades on this motor. other than full circle crank. how would i go about that any guides/help. also what pros/cons does it give. i appreciate all the help!

edit: will this air filter work w the engine?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts