Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Track Racer|Bike Builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up for nothing the guy said it's a GRC. Was it a AC or WC. Can I stuff a radiator and 6.2 Polini in this? It has dual front discs and frame is aluminum. IMG_20190502_173029530_1556843951798.jpg Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Picked this up for nothing the guy said it's a GRC. Was it a AC or WC. Can I stuff a radiator and 6.2 Polini in this? It has dual front discs and frame is aluminum. View attachment 147723 Any help would be appreciated.

Very nice acquisition for free RPB.......….

Looks like a GRC GP...You can put whatever engine you wnat in it aslong as its lined up good to the rearwheel..

·
Track Racer|Bike Builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CAM2 for confirming. I can't wait to build it. I am also picking up a mint DM Telai with Polini 6.2 WC at the end of the month. I started with one China bike last October now I have 6 China bikes and 2 Euros with the third one on the way. My wife thinks my son and I are insane!

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Thanks CAM2 for confirming. I can't wait to build it. I am also picking up a mint DM Telai with Polini 6.2 WC at the end of the month. I started with one China bike last October now I have 6 China bikes and 2 Euros with the third one on the way. My wife thinks my son and I are insane!
LOL..I hear ya and very nice on the great finds Russ...Good to see it being a father and son gig.......Keep up the fun..

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Free, good find, its a GRC GP, same as my Avatar photo. You can see the frame builders name stamp into it, just like mine and my spare w/ 39cc WC Polini clone engine. It will fit right in, might need some minor mods. There are engine spacing washers and you need the engines pinion in the frame to line up with the rear sprocket.

Attachments

·
Track Racer|Bike Builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GRC Update - big thanks to @crisi and his website kmhonline.at for sourcing and shipping everything thing I need for this restoration. A package with a 5 port 50cc Polini w/21mm carb and all the fixins is on its way. I'll update the progress with photos when the shipment arrives. Again big thanks to @crisi for getting everything I need at very very good prices!

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Way to go russ.

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Russ is that the 50cc BZM engine Chrisi has on his site, for 690 Euros?? Pretty good deal, and you be careful when you first ride it cause it ain't no Cag, it will want to do wheel stands, or flip over on you, lol.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Russ is that the 50cc BZM engine Chrisi has on his site, for 690 Euros?? Pretty good deal, and you be careful when you first ride it cause it ain't no Cag, it will want to do wheel stands, or flip over on you, lol.
No, he got a Polini 50cc engine, BZM is still available.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I need help identifying these two bikes. They look the same. No serial numbers or anything. All help is appreciated.
Theyre both cags...They come with 40mm bore and 44mm bore engines..

If they dont have a fairing bracket under the engine plate its a MT-A1 half fairing bike..

If they have a fairing bracket under the engine plate its a MT-A2 Full fairing model...

The Red one looks like a MT-A1 half fairing Daytona model and the other looks like a MT-A2 MX-3.

Good Luck with them.........

·
Track Racer|Bike Builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah @EPR I'll be careful thanks - I just got full armor Frank Thomas racing leathers & Sedici boots. I took a spill on a cag 2 weeks ago I was test riding to sell and one of the front bearings went out and flipped me over the handle bars (only going maybe 10mph) ended up with 30 stiches in my shin from the rear sprocket landing on my leg somehow. I did have gloves and helmet on but jeans don't work! I'll never ride anything again unless I'm suited and booted!

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Yeah @EPR I'll be careful thanks - I just got full armor Frank Thomas racing leathers & Sedici boots. I took a spill on a cag 2 weeks ago I was test riding to sell and one of the front bearings went out and flipped me over the handle bars (only going maybe 10mph) ended up with 30 stiches in my shin from the rear sprocket landing on my leg somehow. I did have gloves and helmet on but jeans don't work! I'll never ride anything again unless I'm suited and booted!
Good thing you're ok......Thats the main part........

Craziest things happen at the damdest of times...

One time I was revving a cag on the stand and my finger got too close to the rear tire and somehow my whole fingernail was at a 90 degree angle to the top of my finger......LOL

·
Track Racer|Bike Builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm ok but the emergency room bill may kill me! They want $19k! and I was in and out in less than 2 hours! I'm arguing with my insurance to cover it now. Gotta love our overpriced healthcare system.

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
i just throw the hospital bill right into the trash we gave Obama one task and 8 years and he couldn't get it done...

those hospitals rack the bill in hope's insherence companies will just pay give them a reasonable number like 125$ an hr pocket bikers dont take no crap...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts