Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my bike the other day. I took it to work and everything was fine. I let my friend at work ride it and as soon as he lowered the rpms it died. After that every time I start it I have to keep the rpms running high or it will die. This morning I started it and now as soon as I give it some throttle it dies. Haven't had a chance to tear into it yet. I was hoping someone could give me and idea as where to start. Hoping that it's as simple as a fuel problem or something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well now it doesn't die. Now when I try to ride it just sits there. It's like it's not getting into gear. Going to break it down later today and see if it's not the clutch. Needs alot of work and I didn't realize it till today. Probably a bad investment but I guess I'm stuck with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well wether or not it's the clutch giving me problems I do need a new one. Broke it down today and the pads are completely gone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It seems like a lot of the cateyes stock clutches dont hold up well, especially if you let alot of people ride them & put alot of hours riding them.
But dude the good news is you can buy & install a clutch really easy!:D:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts