Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me. I have a razor quad with this controller:

And something similar to this throttle with voltmeter and key. Also have a pentiometer thingy (speed adjuster) wired in.

Just wondering how/where I need to wire in the blue and yellow cables from the throttle to the controller/battery?

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Are you sure that throttle is compatible with that speed control a lot of times the throttle is proprietary with the speed controller that's why they sell them together...

Please take pictures of the devices that you actually have as they may look the same but are not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And that throttle has the normal black red and green like my first post and also those two separate blue and yellow wires like in the link from Amazon.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
The thin blue and red are for your key switch, you might be able to also get power for your display through that connector. But if that connector (on controller) is not hooked up or looped it won't work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the blue would go to the blue of the "power locks" in my picture? what do I do with the pink wire there on "power locks"?

For the yellow, are you saying it can go to the pink cable in the "indicator" plug? What do I do with the black wire on that "indicator" plug?

Thanks again!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or do you mean to plug the blue wire from the throttle to the blue of the "power locks" and the yellow from the throttle to the pink wire on the "power locks"?

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
The wire that the pencil is pointing to. That is your lockout/key pigtail. The controller will not work unless this is plugged to a keyswitch, powerswitch, or looped. Thats why these 'cheap' controllers get a bad rap for not working. The instructions are terrible, if you even get them. Most electronic bikes, dirtbikes, scooters don't have that pigtail originally. Everything else is plug and play.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts