Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was think were either those 2 . is there a way to tell between the 2 ? those are the only plastics that were on it when i got it so that doesnt help me much

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
I think it is a x2, it looks alot like CAGowner's bike... It has a 49cc 2 stroke piston ported engine and a CVT gearbox.

It looks pretty clean. does it run?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it runs alright think i might have to take carb off and clean it because it will run but when u let off the throttle when its still cold it dies . when its warm it stays running . was sitting at my buddys for about 8 ish years or so . some of the wiring was hacked up , no turn signals and no back lights . needs a new inner tube as well but found one of those on ebay for like 10 bucks .

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You don't need all the wiring stuff, the bikes not road legal. You might try to keep a brake light. The starter motor is a generator and puts out 13.7 volts to charge a battery if it has one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i dont need the wiring but i would like to have the electric start . and no there was no battery with it .

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
It's normal for it to want to cut out when it's cold. just rev it till it gets nice and hot, and it will idle properly. The carb might just need a little tuning.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
it runs alright think i might have to take carb off and clean it because it will run but when u let off the throttle when its still cold it dies . when its warm it stays running . was sitting at my buddys for about 8 ish years or so . some of the wiring was hacked up , no turn signals and no back lights . needs a new inner tube as well but found one of those on ebay for like 10 bucks .
Shave off the extra weight and then tune that sucker......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no clue where to even look for that lol . i know i need an exhaust tho for sure the one i have on it is off a parts bike i got from another kid and its like a weed wacker exhaust so im killing myself there with the mph .

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
no clue where to even look for that lol . i know i need an exhaust tho for sure the one i have on it is off a parts bike i got from another kid and its like a weed wacker exhaust so im killing myself there with the mph .
Not really...my twin engine harley seems to rev out just fine with modded/gutted box mufflers..soon though theyll have a perf exhaust on the rebuild.......

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
That v-stacks killing your perf a lil...The v-stack opening looks like its only 13mm's...That carb inlet is 15mm's..take a conical grinding stone on a drill and open up the hole then mod the choke flap...........

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alright sounds good.. also at times when i go to start it , it back fires out of the carb whats the reason for this ?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts