Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been 1-2 week that i got my x18...got it used and everyday since i got it i start it up ...but the problem was every time i start it....it seems like its choking and it wont idle...it would start but 3 second later it stall...if i dont pull the throttle and give gas it will stall....so every time i start it i have to give it gas for 30 second or more and then it will go idle....

i think its the fuel line but i havent check since i got work almost everyday.....i also think maybe the throttle control or the air intake?....what do you think the cause of this problem

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have you cleaned your carb? EVERY port, every hole, every jet?

Checked the hoses? check the filter?

Check the spark plug, if it's white it's running too lean (not enough gas) if it's black it's running too rich (too much gas) and you might be flooding the engine.

just some small tips..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Your pilot jet is clogged, I just did my 110cc dirt bike and X18, both were gummed up. The hole is tiny, have to drop the float bowl.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for yalls advice....but is it ok to keep running the bike even though i havent clean or fix the problem yet?....would it further damage the bike?....or fix or clean the carb ASAP?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Do you really want to find out how much damage,lol.

·
Registered
346 Posts
What we do on our english cars is start it and rev it then cover the intake with your hand. Usually after a couple times the clog unclears itself. Try that if you dont feel like taking the carb apart

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at 1st the bike starts but still wont idle so i replace the fuel filer and the hose with a 1/4"....now the bike wont start at all...going to take apart the carb tomorow and clean it...hope that will fix the problem

What we do on our english cars is start it and rev it then cover the intake with your hand. Usually after a couple times the clog unclears itself. Try that if you dont feel like taking the carb apart
ill try that when i get a chance to...

·
Registered
3 Posts
very good opinon at this war year

OH, led tube lights.In the years 2012,There is a lot of war around the world..let us do our best to chang the world better.The world need to be balance.If not,we need to adjust it.I'm quite agree with what you said in the topics led tube.Infact we only talk about it in our mind but we don't have real exprience led tube.Now the society technology developed every day more and more.The two universities will both focus on OLED research. Rochester will investigate the use of an internal scattering layer to improve light extraction. Arizona State is researching a single-emitter approach to white OLEDs that could reduce costs.Soraa will seek to improve packaged LED efficacy by developing devices that can operate at higher current levels

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey i have a x7 pocket bike thats 110cc. It worked last night. I tryed to start it but it did not start. The lights,horn and signals work. When i press the electric start buttoon it makes noise and it doesnt start wat could be the problem it had new oil change too

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Bad battery, starter solenoid, starter motor, button, or wiring. Put a big screwdriver acrossed the 2 big poles on the starter solenoid an see if it turns over.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Don't shock yourself, you have to insulated from the screw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts