Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's a fuel filter? I haven't seen or heard anything about that I just thought it was a hope and pray kind of style
There should be a fuel filter on the end of one of the fuel lines that goes to the intake port on the carb. If you don't have a fuel filter on the end of the line then the carb can suck in debris and it will clog up the internal screen in the carb causing it to run funny. The engine may start and idle fine, but at full throttle it may not be getting enough fuel because stuff could build up in the carb. The fuel filter looks similar to this one:

Rectangle Auto part Font Fashion accessory Metal

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There should be a fuel filter on the end of one of the fuel lines that goes to the intake port on the carb. If you don't have a fuel filter on the end of the line then the carb can suck in debris and it will clog up the internal screen in the carb causing it to run funny. The engine may start and idle fine, but at full throttle it may not be getting enough fuel because stuff could build up in the carb. The fuel filter looks similar to this one:

View attachment 161839
Is it possible that's built into the carb or what? Previous engine or carb doesn't have and new ones don't have either, I think my next step is some new gas lines maybe it's.just not sealing?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If everything else is running wh
Update problem was not solved bye fixing fuel filter
If you just changed out the fuel filter and nothing else, then that will stop any other debris from getting in the carb, but there might have already been debris in the carb from when you had the filter off. If it were me, I would take the carb off and clean it. Check for debris in the inlet screen and any small passages. Hopefully that will solve your issue.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,381 Posts
I have a feeling the fuel lines are switched. The barbed fitting on the carb is supply and should have the line with the filter, that should be at the bottom of the tank. The curved fitting is for priming, no filter on that line and ends towards the top of the tank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a feeling the fuel lines are switched. The barbed fitting on the carb is supply and should have the line with the filter, that should be at the bottom of the tank. The curved fitting is for priming, no filter on that line and ends towards the top of the tank.
Yes, that is a possibility, I have done that a few times and if you don't catch it soon you can clog your carb real fast even if its new

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Fuel lines are correct... The one coming out the side and bent down has no filter and gos into the tank at the top and the one that goes from the bottom with the barbed goes to the filter that goes into the top of the tank as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
As long as your lines are connected to the right ports and the fuel filter is on there, you should be good. If it's still running funny then I would take the carb off and clean it because there could be debris in there from when you had no fuel filter on it.
Alright I'l probably pull the carb and do that then when I get a shot

21 - 40 of 49 Posts