Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a X2 w/cvt and am having a terrible time finding sprockets for this bike so I can play with gear ratios.
The problem is finding them (sprockets) for the larger chain used on these bikes (#219T).

Stock rear sprocket is a 44T and I would like to go between 54T-60T for quicker accelleration.

A smaller front countershaft sprocket would work too.

Any help would be appreciated,
Steven

·
Registered
108 Posts
the X1 CVT (aka X2) uses a #219 chain. its really close to a #40 chain but just a bit smaller. the pitch on a #219 is about 5/16" as opposed 1/2" on a #40. chain made by EK and D.I.D. can be found at go kart supply websites.

as far as the sprockets, you can find them at several pocket bike sites: PBU, rabbitscooters, etc. they are available in 52 tooth and 36 tooth. 52 will give you faster accelleration but lower top speed. 36 will give you a higher top speed but slower accelleration.

hope that helps,

A-

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The #219 chain is normally used in overhead cam applications on full size Motorcycles, only in pocket bikes do you find it used for drive chain.

I am willing to change chain size if matching sprockets could be found, but so far this has eluded me. Scooter chain and sprockets are availible, but that would be a step backwards in durability.

As for Rabbitscooters, I've dealt with them already. What they have advertised on their site and what they actually have in stock are 2 different stories. I will NOT deal with them again and recommend the same for anyone else.

Pops

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pops Racer said:
I have a X2 w/cvt and am having a terrible time finding sprockets for this bike so I can play with gear ratios.
The problem is finding them (sprockets) for the larger chain used on these bikes (#219T).

Stock rear sprocket is a 44T and I would like to go between 54T-60T for quicker accelleration.

A smaller front countershaft sprocket would work too.

Any help would be appreciated,
Steven
I have the same problem with my X1. For our bikes right now they only offer two sprockets. Mine is 36 and 25. For you it should be 38 and 54. No front pinion as of yet. I've been waiting for a front pinion but no luck. Unless you have someone make you a sprocket with a 35 pitch for your chain you should be good

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Larger REAR sprocket for X2

Guys;

Got my 54T rear sprocket installed on my X2 today with a MAJOR improvement in accelleration. I also installed a V-stack/choke & filter assembly at the same time.

Using the bikes speedo as a reference (only):

Completely stock the bike would go about 30-32 down the length of my street.
With the addition of a pipe, 35-38.
With the new larger rear sprocket and V-stack/filter installed, 40-42 mph (speedo has MPH written on it).

Before, the motor was barely starting to breath by the time I ran out of street. Now it sounds a little better. Still some room for improvement.

I'll have to get someone to clock me to see what the actual mph really is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pentaX said:
Who did you purchase the sprocket from?
'Pocket Bikes Unlimited'

I spoke at length with a Customer Service Rep there to verify that this was indeed the correct sprocket for the chain on the X2 (CVT).

My sprocket bolts had threadlock on them from the factory, so you may need to heat up the hub a little to get them loose without breaking a bolt.

Steven

·
Registered
12 Posts
Howdy just a warning, DEFINETLY heat the bolts to melt the lock tite its more like superglue, I broke ALL mine off in the wheel trying to change the sproket, I had to order a new rear rim for 50 bux and it took 1 months to get here. But im happy now at a clocked 43mph hehe. on a x1 with nothing but a v stack and rocket key and plug. Also i really recomend the rocket key, made the bike run ALOT better, also improved accleration allittle, I got the small sproket, for those who want to know the accel sucks until about 15 mph then it takes off, gets to 40 perty quick. Later

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DucSauce said:
a larger rear sprocket will not increase your top speed......i think you mean smaller.
Actually if the motor is geared too tall, then it will never be able to reach peak power and top speed (as in the X2's case). The larger rear sprocket allows the engine to rev a little more and puts it closer to it's prefered power band.

Steven

1 - 11 of 11 Posts